The Sewing Place

fajita

Next to messages on the black line at the top it says 1. But is blank when I click.

Francesca

Re: Messages
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 17:16:14 PM »
Next to messages on the black line at the top it says 1. But is blank when I click.

Interesting, so when you go to the following link you don't see any messages?:

http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php?action=pm

fajita

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 17:21:29 PM »
I could read the message from your link just then. But the black bar bit is still blank.

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 17:25:13 PM »
Sorry I'm a bit confused. What are you expecting to see?

The black menu at the top will take you to the link I just shared with you. Are you expecting to see the full message in the black bar?

fajita

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 17:29:13 PM »
What I mean is - on the black line at the top it says 'my messages' with a drop down arrow next to it, (and it did say 1, but that's gone now). When I clicked, a drop down box opened, and that drop down box was just white. I was expecting that white box to contain either the text of the message, or a link to the message.

fajita

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 17:40:24 PM »
Maybe I've misunderstood what a 'message' is. I was expecting it to be a private text viewable only to me. Is it that all forum posts are classed as 'my messages', in which case I can see them. 

I think I'll take a tablet and have a lie down in a darkened room.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 19:09:44 PM »
The white box that appears says "read your messages". If you click this, it will take you to your messages. You are correct that they are private to you.

fajita

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 21:46:16 PM »
The White box was totally blank, with no text whatsoever, but, I have checked it just now, and it does have the text in you describe.

Thanks for fixing it.

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 22:42:57 PM »
The White box was totally blank, with no text whatsoever, but, I have checked it just now, and it does have the text in you describe.

Thanks for fixing it.

Not sure if I fixed anything  0_0 but glad it's working now. Come back here and report if you have any more issues with it. Might have been a blip.