The Sewing Place

Skater’smum is not ME!

Boxingclever

Skater’smum is not ME!
« on: March 20, 2021, 19:52:51 PM »
Hi, need a moderator for this one.

My username is Skatersmum. Note no apostrophe!!!

Now I don’t log into this site very often because not much is happening in the costuming, dance world.

However, twice today I have been notified of replies to Skater’smum post.

So if you are trying to have a conversation with this lady who has a cat as her profile pic and wondering why she ignores you. The reason is her notifications come through to my email address. How? Just how?

As I am not a very active member I don’t mind this other member keeping her username and I will change to something else but please no more erroneous notifications.

Mods do what you need to do, thanks x

Mr Twingo

Re: Skater’smum is not ME!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 20:27:28 PM »
Good evening,

I am looking into this for you. At the moment I can't see why you're receiving notifications for Skater'smum, though I suspect the apostrophe may be responsible.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 22:22:09 PM »
I'm sure it can be sorted amicably. Sorry for the confusion, Admin will be made aware.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 23:33:41 PM »
This is not a technical problem, but a user issue - people are choosing the wrong name when they want to mention Skater'sMum.  We can ask people to take care, but there is nothing else we can do.

However, if you go to your profile, choose 'Profile Info' and then 'Mentions' and scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see a box with a tick in it labelled 'E-mail mention notifications'.  Remove the tick and you will not receive emails when you are mentioned.  Any mentions made in error will still show in your profile, but you will not be notified of them.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 08:48:45 AM »
Apologies I'm one of the culprits.   :rolleyes:  I didn't realise there were two people with virtually the same name.  I try and take care to get the right person.  Will try harder mods. 

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 15:02:12 PM »
Hi there, maybe one of you could slightly alter their user name ... adding an underscore between Skaters and mum would be the most obvious .. (Is that possible @Acorn ?)

Im also thinking that the onus for change would be on the newer member which would be  Skater's mun who joined on the 11th August 2019 .

I will pm her and ask if she could oblige.

Thanks for making us aware of this @Skatersmum 
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 15:14:35 PM »
Interesting .... in trying to send a BCC of the PM sent to Skater'smum, The gremlins would only recognise Skater'smum and not Skatersmum

Curiouser and curiouser ....

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 15:21:46 PM »
If you look at the first post in this thread you will see that 'Skatersmum' is now 'Boxingclever' - problem solved.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Boxingclever

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 15:30:30 PM »
Hi All,

To stop all the confusion I have changed my name from Skatersmum to Boxingclever. Because I have a boxer dog. I may even use my doggie as a profile pic if I can work out how to do it

Seemed fairer for me to change name as I post least often happy sewing people xx

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 15:52:45 PM »
Are you sure hon ??? the onus really should be on the last member ????
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 15:55:13 PM by Iminei »

Mr Twingo

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 22:21:01 PM »
If you look at the first post in this thread you will see that 'Skatersmum' is now 'Boxingclever' - problem solved.

I took the liberty of changing the username and display name, as @Boxingclever requested.

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 14:07:27 PM »
Welcome to TSP @Boxingclever.   ;)
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Boxingclever

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 15:24:00 PM »
Thank you BrendaP, as you know I am not new just recycled

Celia

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 16:30:15 PM »
Love your picture

Skater’sMum

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 20:59:19 PM »
Sorry @Boxingclever I only update my email a couple of times a week so didn’t see the notification until this evening.  Thank you for being so understanding, I really appreciate it
Enjoying retirement in the sunshine ☀️ 😁 ☀️