The Sewing Place

Twisted Pole Table Runner

Twiggy

Twisted Pole Table Runner
« on: March 23, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »
I've made one before in white/bright colours but this time I am using colours that might be more suited to Christmas, I think. Not the traditional red/green colours but lots of gold and black.

I missed buying the kit for this runner in these colours so I've sourced the fabric myself.  This morning has been spent marking/sewing/cutting/pressing/trimming all of the HSTs. My back is glad that there were just 30 of these to make.

Tomorrow i'll sew up the rows.
I'm Nikki and I am usually sewing happily on a Janome 9450QCP with a Janome 6260QC as a backup/sewing class machine. I also like to knit and crochet.

Catllar

Re: Twisted Pole Table Runner
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 16:45:16 PM »
That's going to be very chic - will you quilt the white bits in gold thread or black?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Twiggy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 04:47:40 AM »
That's going to be very chic - will you quilt the white bits in gold thread or black?

I'm not sure... perhaps I'll venture out of my quilting comfort zone this time  8). I'm a very 'plain' quilter and I usually go for a thread that won't stand out.
I'm Nikki and I am usually sewing happily on a Janome 9450QCP with a Janome 6260QC as a backup/sewing class machine. I also like to knit and crochet.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 06:21:41 AM »
Is that the same design as the blocks in the The Whale ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Twiggy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »
Is that the same design as the blocks in the The Whale ???

I don't think so but it does look very similar doesn't it. This runner is all HSTs and you can see similar here:
Twisted Pole runner from Craft Cotton

Just the binding left to sew and it's finished.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 18:48:06 PM »
That is beautifully neat @Twiggy it looks fabulous  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 18:53:47 PM »
Beautifully neat stitching @Twiggy ... Bravo!!!

Ann

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 20:39:18 PM »
@Twiggy, the stitching you did is beautiful. May I ask if you do ruler quilting? If so, you have it down to perfection. I am waiting for my new Juki to arrive and I want to start practicing ruler quilting.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Twiggy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 05:26:53 AM »
@Twiggy, the stitching you did is beautiful. May I ask if you do ruler quilting? If so, you have it down to perfection. I am waiting for my new Juki to arrive and I want to start practicing ruler quilting.

I've used the quilting bar with my walking foot and the wiggly line is one of the decorative quilting stitches on my machine (I just extended the stitch length).  I would like to try ruler quilting but as yet I haven't done it. I'd probably like a class on it so when the world opens up again I may look for one close by.

Thanks all for the lovely comments.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:24:37 AM by Twiggy »

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 08:18:16 AM »
Nothing wrong with a nice 3.5 Straight stitch and an extended Serpentine stitch for quilting!!  :) (feeling very proud as they are my go to Quilting stitches)