The Sewing Place

The Jacket

charley

Re: The Jacket
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 20:02:35 PM »
I love your jacket. I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 20:07:49 PM »
Wow. Lovely jacket.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

dolcevita

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 20:28:57 PM »
Oh I wish @dolcevita but I don't think  I could carry that off with being only small, my backside might have got smaller but nice height for clothes is beyond me.

It's worth a try! A pair of dark grey jeans or casual trousers and a white/grey long sleeved t-shirt would look fab; a well co-ordinated outfit makes the world of difference to perceived height. And anyway, as long as you feel great in it, who cares whether anyone else thinks that you're the right or wrong height? Wear it with pride!

SkoutSews

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 22:30:04 PM »
Beautiful jacket, @Gernella! It will be very versatile and a great addition to your wardrobe. It's so nicely done.

I know that feeling of being sick of the sight of something that has taken so much of your time and effort, but once you've had some time away from it you'll appreciate it, I'm certain.

William

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »
Wow - Well done! :thumbsup: Classic mixed with useful - !!!
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Gernella

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »
That is so right @SkoutSews it  was just as if it sucked everything out of me, plus I barely touched the sewing machine for what seemed like months. I'm glad I didn't get the new sewing machine while I was  doing it. Never again though.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Vezelay

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 10:46:48 AM »
You should wear that fabulous jacket every opportunity @Gernella. We're all too familiar with cherished makes languishing in the wardrobe just waiting for the "right" occasion.

Helen M

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 10:58:56 AM »
Wear it with casual items as well a 'occasion' ones @Gernella.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Nevis5

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:30 PM »
It's beautiful, and I like the contrast lining.  I have some of those buttons - if only I'd known!  x