The Sewing Place

Embroidery machine riser

Sara-S

Embroidery machine riser
« on: March 22, 2021, 19:08:27 PM »
I just got this set up for my embroidery machine. It serves 2 purposes; to raise it higher (not all that important to me) and to provide something like a free-arm for embroidering on shirts. I really want it for the free-arm function.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Lilian

Re: Embroidery machine riser
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 19:35:33 PM »
That's a very clever thing  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:10:29 AM »
I see a lot of clever hubbys on the brother embroidery groups on Faceache make something similar  for their wives, minus the neat lil drawer tho' ...

Im guessing you got this locally ie from the States ... I dont know if you can but these within the UK yet ?
I remember many Christmases ago (2013 ?) I saw a thread stand on a Craftsy class and searched for them in the UK to no avail ... they all came from the States :(

A few days later it was Christmas Day and one of the presents I unwrapped was a Thread stand ??!!!

I was confused as I knew you couldn't source one from the UK and I knew ordering one from the States would have a lead time of weeks ... But then I discovered that HWMNBN had made it for me!

This was in the days where he loved me ... rather than in the last few years where the only person he loves is Himself!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
It might be worth searching around if anyone wants one in this country, I remember them being around several years ago and I think there was a company either making or importing something similar, I used to work the exhibitions and it was at one of them but I don’t remember which.

The problem i remember is the different sizes needed for the different machines.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 10:23:06 AM »
Funny I've just bought something to hold threads @Iminei I only use one at once with not doing embroidery but the little box soon becomes full because 1000mts and I can't be arsed to take to the proper storage box.  Cheap as chips but rising plastic, I hope it works.  Not likely to be knocked around just stands there. Amazon have wood but not certain about them, I'll go plastic first.

Yours is fabulous.

I use an office chair to lift me up (took it from work when I retired), I don't like leaning over.  It works that well that it wasn't until I shifted the machine to sell to another table, that I discovered it had a light underneath :laughing:  Never seen it before. Dozo.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sara-S

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
I did a search and found a number of these from Etsy sellers. I found one with a design I liked. The people who sell them on Etsy make them at home-based workshops. Maybe there are similar small-scale sellers in the UK.

As to the height of this, it's higher than I really need, but I can use the drafting chair, instead of the regular desk chair.

Celia

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 11:10:41 AM »
@Iminei forgot to say how lovely your picture is, not the thread rack you understand  :P. She was gorgeous, you were very lucky to have her for so Long. :hug:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
I've seen a few of those on t'interweb, they do look useful for garments, love the little drawer in yours.
I tend to embroider, then sew up a garment, so haven't felt the need for one - yet...

Sara-S

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 14:40:56 PM »
If you sew clothing it does make sense to do the embroidery first. As I don't sew clothing, that isn't an option for me.

Here is a shirt on the machine & riser. Much easier to handle this way.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 15:32:57 PM by Sara-S »