The Sewing Place

Last day of sale - tiled pdf patterns only for UK but big discounts

Marniesews

Apologies that it's the last day of this sale (31 March in US, probably to 7am on Thursday in UK) but with Butterick's, Kwik Sew and McCalls patterns at £2.19 ($2.99) and Vogue patterns at £4.36 ($5.99) I thought those patient folk who don't mind cutting and pasting would still want to know or those only after baby clothes (or doll's clothes like me).

The link takes you to a search selection for digital  only but you're in the US it's worth looking at the whole pattern offering as there are twice as many printed paper ones to choose from (109 pages rather than 53!).

Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

Re: Last day of sale - tiled pdf patterns only for UK but big discounts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
I don't care for pdfs, but wonder why this

is classed as costume?

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
Against my better judgement, I have got one.  Not printing A0 is a disaster really.  Might be a waste of money
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 16:05:53 PM »
It won't be a waste of money if you decide that you really want to print out an x number of pages and stick them all together.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 16:21:44 PM »
It won't be a waste of money if you decide that you really want to print out an x number of pages and stick them all together.

I'm not laying any bets @UttaRetch   the first one I think I only wanted the sleeves, this one just the jacket, but since I've just done one jacket, starting another, it will be at the back of the queue.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 10:48:38 AM »
  @Marniesews  @UttaRetch   the 'costume' dress pattern fell into my basket yesterday.  I haven't printed it out yet but it is the type of summer dress that I like, and wear.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 10:51:09 AM »
Absolutely kicking myself here!  I passed the link on to my friend, and then forgot to place my order.

Just visited the website now and the prices are back up again... :'( :'(

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 23:15:05 PM »
Oh, sorry @b15erk , I'll try to post this earlier next time, too slow off the mark this time.

You are a game lot though, I'm a pdf grump who wouldn't normally consider sticking together a full size garment and I even resent having to pay extra to get them printed at a copy shop. Imagine my horror when I discover I've got 32 pages to stick together just for doll's clothes? They don't place individual pattern pieces on A4 pages like the indie patterns I've bought, they tile up the entire finished printed sheet as a piece.  :rolleyes: Hoisted by my own petard!

Was the great bargain enough to offset my print & stick intolerance? I'll let you know...
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.