The Sewing Place

Errrrmmm Technical Chaps ... Is this Possible ??

Iminei

Re: Errrrmmm Technical Chaps ... Is this Possible ??
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 16:18:41 PM »

Good News!!!

When I started sewing with The Splurgess this afternoon (yes , I know  Esme but I had to) She was back to her normal smooth purr!

This may well be that after play yesterday, I took off the accessories box and gave her a good shake ... I think it must have dislodged the pin.

I will however try and gain access by taking the bottom off the machine (If I can) and see what falls out!

Thank you for all you help xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 17:57:03 PM »
Today after an intensive Blockathon I decided before putting the machine to bed to give her a lil clean in the bobbin area ... That was soon done as its not been long since last time and there was lil fluff to collect.

Just before I put her away I thought I would look and see how difficult it would be to remove the base plate.

There was nothing easier .... 4 Philips screws and off it came ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The white plastic base plate was a bit grubby but nothing a quick wipe down didnt quickly sort ... I then righted her and when I tipped her over again, lying there on the table was an open safety pin!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

R E S U L T !!!

Thanks for all your help, advice and encouragement! xxx

Kitten

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2021, 17:59:17 PM »
Glad it didn't need an expensive repair for you @Iminei

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 18:00:39 PM »
That was a job well done. I think the safety pin knew it should get out of the way  :thumbsup:
Willing but not always able :)

Ellabella

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 19:52:29 PM »
You will sleep better tonight @Iminei

BrendaP

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 20:09:37 PM »
Some jobs are really that easy. 0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sara-S

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 22:15:53 PM »
Thx for your replies folks ... @Esme866  I dare not use a magnet as its a computerised machine!

I will see if I can muster up the minerals (and the necessary screwdrivers) to have a look this weekend ..

Any other advice???

Don’t be afraid to use a household magnet.  They are nowhere near strong enough to affect the computerized parts of your machine. Powerful industrial magnets could, but not regular household ones.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

charley

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 21:34:51 PM »
Thank you for showing that the bottom of the machine comes so easily @Iminei . I have that Janome too, retirement present to myself 6 years ago.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »
Excellent!  I thought it would be easy :)

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
@charley  there even a doodad that you can pop off on the plastic under plate so ... I suppose ... you can just shake whatever out ?????

But it was sooooo simple and as long as I didnt touch anything ??!!!

@Sara-S  ... the nly magnets I have are fridge magnets and also those wickedly strong lil  whatsits that I use for my butterflies, I suspect they could do a lot of damage by the force thats needed to break them apart!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:39:30 AM by Iminei »

Celia

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2021, 10:06:44 AM »
Really glad to hear your machine is happy and healthy again.  Don’t worry about magnets the modern machines are not affected by them, if you look at Husqvarna machines they have metal hoops for doing embroidery and the fabric is kept in place my very strong magnets. I am there are other  makes of machines have similar hoops too.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 11:52:56 AM »
Really glad to hear your machine is happy and healthy again.  Don’t worry about magnets the modern machines are not affected by them, if you look at Husqvarna machines they have metal hoops for doing embroidery and the fabric is kept in place my very strong magnets. I am there are other  makes of machines have similar hoops too.

Yes I have a real problem taking the magnets  off the frame!    :laughing:

Celia

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 14:19:42 PM »
Me too @Ohsewsimple