The Sewing Place

Janome J3-24

Butterfly

Janome J3-24
« on: April 02, 2021, 17:33:05 PM »
I have a Janome J3-24 about 8 or 9 years old (I know, I would love a new  :sew: ). I haven't used it a lot and never really explored what it will do until now. I'm having a go at applique and astounded to find there is no blanket stitch on it  :'( Has anyone with the same machine managed to do anything like a blanket stitch? I know I can do a zigzag, but it's a bit frustrating that I can't do what I want.
Creativity is contagious, pass it on

Kad

Re: Janome J3-24
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 17:39:44 PM »
You could use the stitches 'G' or 'H' on that machine, that's what my BFF uses and they look fine.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Butterfly

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 19:33:10 PM »
Hi Kad. Thank you for your reply. I've been trying different stitches/widths/lengths all day  :rolleyes: and I agree the G is nearest to it but I can't get it to look like a proper blanket stitch as I've seen other machines do in the many, many videos I've watched about applique lol.
Creativity is contagious, pass it on

Kad

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 19:55:21 PM »
@Butterfly, No, they don't look like a 'proper' blanket stitch, but they do the same job. If you were doing hand applique you would use blanket stitch  or needle turn the raw edges, the sewing machine gives you alternatives which are just as good.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.