The Sewing Place

Aprils Access All Accessories Swap

TartanPaint

Re: Aprils Access All Accessories Swap
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2021, 09:50:59 AM »
@William

My parcel from Deutschland (Deutschland uber alles) arrived and what a lovely parcel it is. Some lovely handmade goodies and a pair of Victorinox scissors. I was cutting threads off selvedge last night just to have a play with them. Thank you so much for your generosity, Sir.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2021, 11:07:41 AM »
And that, I think, after @William posts pics of his goodies will make  a clean Sweep of the Swap ... C'mon William!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

William

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »
Thanks You!!! I feel deeply honoured!
And now that i am sunscribed and can post pics (as promised):

The Seam ripper is great and i cannot wait to use the rest -
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Iminei

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2021, 13:18:27 PM »
And that, I think, is a Wrap ...

Congratulations to all taking part for being so generous ... and do remember, these things are meant to be used!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

fajita

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2021, 14:22:13 PM »
@Iminei - those snips you sent have been in constant use. I didn’t expect them to be so much quicker than embroidery scissors for snipping threads. I’ve found them very useful at the embroidery machine when doing lots of colour changes.

And @TartanPaint s lovely pink fabric has been used in the mini quilt.

I struck very lucky this year.  :toast:

whofilets

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2021, 02:39:47 AM »
So I collect Tula Pink fabric and this is an Out Of Print design I haven't yet got - I am over the moon and have been stroking it all afternoon. Thank you so much !

I scored a fat quarter of this last year and it didn't have the selvedge- now I know it's Eden by Tula Pink! That explains it  :loveit: it really is gorgeous fabric in person. I don't know if I'll ever even cut it up, it might live on as a "souvenir fat quarter". If it's a decoration, it's not stash, right? ;)
US to UK, brought all the fabric and yarn with me

RJR_38

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2021, 07:00:23 AM »
@whofilets  All of Tula fabric is more gorgeous in person than in photos. Even some of the 'less interesting' filler prints from the ranges I have been getting at a reasonable(ish) cost have so much more detail in than I realised!

I don't count Tula fabric as a stash... it is an art collection and investment  :loveit: