The Sewing Place

Simple Camisole Pattern?

Acorn

Simple Camisole Pattern?
« on: April 09, 2021, 22:22:23 PM »
I'm looking for a pattern for a camisole that I can wear under a couple of blouses that are a bit too see-through for my comfort.  Thin straps, no gathers, very plain - oh, and it must be a pdf pattern.  You know how I hate tissue patterns!

I'm also thinking that I would like to make it from silk - but I never know what I'm looking for when I search for silk online.  Any suggestions there?

Thank you!   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

Re: Simple Camisole Pattern?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 06:53:37 AM »
I can't help with s suitable pattern but I once made a slip using silk charmeuse. It is very fine and light or maybe crepe de chine.
Still learning

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »
https://shop.truebias.com/product/ogden-cami

This has had lots of good reviews.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
This one from Style Arc
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sewbusy

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »
Thank you - three excellent pattern options there.  I can't believe I missed the StyleArc one (I am their number one groupie, after all) - I looked in tops and not loungewear.

Off to look at silk charmeuse now...

dolcevita

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 10:59:16 AM »
https://shop.truebias.com/product/ogden-cami

This has had lots of good reviews.

I can vouch for the Ogden cami. I bought it last year and it's a great pattern. It has subtle curves to the edges that make it much more flattering than standard camisoles. I've made at least 3 since I bought the pattern.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »
Have you looked on so-sew-easy.com?  She has gathered together 15 different free camisole patterns.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »
@dolcevita  The details say 'The neckline and armholes are finished with a partial lining for a beautiful, high end finish.'  Does this mean a facing?

@toileandtrouble  Off to take a look!

dolcevita

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 11:28:49 AM »
@dolcevita  The details say 'The neckline and armholes are finished with a partial lining for a beautiful, high end finish.'  Does this mean a facing?

@toileandtrouble  Off to take a look!

Effectively, yes. I have one in the laundry basket waiting to be put away - I will fish it out in a mo and post a photo of the facing/lining. It's very straight forward and finishes the ends of the spaghetti straps very neatly.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
Silk crepe de chine would be lovely. 

So Chic

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 15:28:15 PM »
I've made KwikSew K2589 in crepe de chine which is bias cut and this makes it very flattering to wear.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up