The Sewing Place

A bit of a balls up!

EdTheMaker

A bit of a balls up!
« on: April 10, 2021, 01:40:37 AM »
Hi everyone! when I started sewing about a year ago I also learnt to juggle as another lockdown skill(very fun btw!).
I actually bought some balls online back then but now realise how easy they are too make.   

RJR_38

Re: A bit of a balls up!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »
They look great! What did you fill them with? Plastic pellets? Rice?

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 09:55:02 AM »
I need some of those to shut the dining room door with ... Do they come back to you like a boomerang?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mr Twingo

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 14:31:52 PM »
Can you juggle with four balls? Three I can manage no problem, but i just cannot find the rhythm needed for four.

Similarly, when it comes to music, my brain malfunctions when attempting to play in 3/4 time.

EdTheMaker

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 16:52:41 PM »
I need some of those to shut the dining room door with ... Do they come back to you like a boomerang?

Good idea! Would make great door stops if a bit bigger. Or pattern weights.

EdTheMaker

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 16:57:23 PM »
They look great! What did you fill them with? Plastic pellets? Rice?

Was a bit of a spontaneous project so ended up using some very old sushi rice I found at the back of a cupboard.

EdTheMaker

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 17:09:29 PM »
Can you juggle with four balls? Three I can manage no problem, but i just cannot find the rhythm needed for four.

Similarly, when it comes to music, my brain malfunctions when attempting to play in 3/4 time.

I can do 3 with a few trick variations. I'll have to try push myself and try 4 and 5 balls.
Regarding music, try playing Pink Floyd's Money in 7/4 and your brain will melt :)