The Sewing Place

Wardrobe By Me Men's Fleece Jacket

Vezelay

Wardrobe By Me Men's Fleece Jacket
« on: April 10, 2021, 18:25:14 PM »
Just finished second of these for himself - it has invisible zip pockets, side pieces, a three piece sleeve - which I decided to topstitch - and a slightly shaped back hemline . Despite the name, fleece is only one of the fabric options. I used a cotton/lycra interlock which wasn't as easy to work with as the French terry I made the first one from, so lots of Wonder tape required. It fits well and the fabric is lovely and soft, and exactly the colour I hoped so we're both pleased. And he actually wears it :)

Of course now he wants another!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Tamnymore

Re: Wardrobe By Me Men's Fleece Jacket
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 19:18:25 PM »
Lovely @Vezelay and himself looks nice too!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 19:36:20 PM »
It's lovely @Vezelay, and the fact he wears it as you say is the best part!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 47

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 19:52:09 PM »
Lovely @Vezelay and so nice when they wear what we’ve made.

DH has actually asked for something! A sweatshirt in a denim blue colour. I hope what I’ve ordered fits the bill.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 19:57:13 PM »
Looks good  :)

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 20:00:35 PM »
That looks fabulous, great job  :thumbsup:

charley

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 20:43:22 PM »
I love this too. May have to have a peek.

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 22:46:39 PM »
That looks great. How nice to have a happy man!

Puzzler

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 07:38:59 AM »
Great job! I hope your man is proud to wear it.

Have you used this pattern company before? I have one of their women’s top patterns on my wish list.

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 15:44:59 PM »
Lovely @Vezelay and himself looks nice too!

I thought the same @Tamnymore in fact I was looking at the member pictures and I'm sure he was on one picture and thought then he looks  dishy.  Nothing wrong in looking @Vezelay  ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 17:16:25 PM »
That company have a decent selection of patterns for men which is a bit of a rarity.
Life's too short for ironing.

Vezelay

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 17:52:04 PM »
Great job! I hope your man is proud to wear it.

Have you used this pattern company before? I have one of their women’s top patterns on my wish list.

Thanks @Puzzler. I made their Mirri dress as a top a while back and also the Boxy Raglan which I wear a lot in the winter months - posted them both in my Members' Diaries I think. I'll just mention I had a problem with the pdfs - I've done dozens in the past but was never confused before by where to cut and stick the pages - too many line options. So I had the last two copyshop printed, less head scratching.

@Ploshkin yes, a rarity as you say. I bought their Draper polo shirt pattern on impulse last year - thanks for reminding me. It's far too easy to buy pdfs, file them and forget!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 18:03:51 PM by Vezelay »

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 18:02:18 PM »
I've made a few tops of theirs and been very pleased with them.  The pdfs have guides for A4 and letter sized paper, but you can remove one of them by using the layers facility in Acrobat Reader - in fact you can remove the lines for any sizes that you don't want, too.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Puzzler

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 18:17:57 PM »
Having switched from a Mac with Acrobat Reader to a Windows 10 laptop, I was dismayed to learn that latter does not support the layers function. It's no longer my main device but I can turn on the Mac for tasks such as this. I've had my eye on the Harmony tunic but I have way too many patterns in the proverbial queue so I'll refrain...for now. :devil:

I will check out your diary, Vezelay.

Acorn

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 18:21:25 PM »
Can't you install Acrobat Reader on your Windows 10 laptop?  That's what I'm using.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.