The Sewing Place

Persona non grata on my tablet?

Greybird

Persona non grata on my tablet?
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:29:10 PM »
I have logged into TSP on my new tablet but I don't have the facility to "like" anything and it says I'm not allowed to view attachments. Does anyone know what I have to do (to the tablet I assume?) so that I can be recognised?

Celia

Re: Persona non grata on my tablet?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 13:35:02 PM »
What sort of tablet is it and which browser are you using, thus might help to track down the problems

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 13:42:57 PM »
Its a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 and I use Chrome.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 15:27:58 PM »
Just checking on my Galaxy tablet (A10 I think) using Chrome and it works OK.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 16:20:12 PM »
Forgive me, @Greybird , but are you definitely logged in?  (I guess that if you posted from it you must be!!)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 18:31:44 PM »
I think that may well be the problem @Acorn . I am really struggling with this thing. I thought that I had ticked it to stay logged in  but I don't think it had retained ìt. It probably hasn 't helped that I hate this keyboard and I keep running back upstairs to use the "proper" one! I got it hoping to be able to "learn" it so that I  could then teach OH to use it for when he's waiting around  in the hospital. I think that was a vain hope if I am having so much trouble!

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 18:37:05 PM »
There is an odd little quirk in our software that means that if you log in from the 'login' link in the black bar at the top you get the option to stay logged in, but if you use the 'login' link on the right of the banner you don't.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 20:37:39 PM »
I think that definitely explains it - thank you @Acorn . I am beginning to think I have been left far too far behind in the technology stakes!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 23:26:01 PM »
There is an odd little quirk in our software that means that if you log in from the 'login' link in the black bar at the top you get the option to stay logged in, but if you use the 'login' link on the right of the banner you don't.

? @Acorn ,if I login on the black banner I have to do it twice. The first go doesn't accept my password. If I login from the banner I'm right in. It has a tick box, "remember me", that keeps me logged in. BTW, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" and the login is on the left of the banner.

@Greybird I have my password saved and that speeds things up.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.