The Sewing Place

Polycotton voile?

Puzzler

Polycotton voile?
« on: April 12, 2021, 12:59:16 PM »
Several times over the years I've made sheer curtains using a fabric that John Lewis used to sell for this purpose. They also sold ready-mades in this fabric. They discontinued it years ago and I can't seem to find anything else similar. The content was 67% poly and 33% cotton - just enough to make it look and feel less synthetic. It washed beautifully and I did wash the curtains frequently. All I can find now after combing multiple sites is polyester, polyester and more polyester.

This was the stuff. It says to check in-store but I've done that in the past and it was a no go. As I said it has been years since JL had it in stock. https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-dijon-muslin-extra-wide-unheaded-voile-fabric-ecru-w300cm/p231535032

Any thoughts?

Greybird

Re: Polycotton voile?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 13:09:28 PM »
This one is 100% and is reduced in their clearance.

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 14:06:28 PM »
I hadn't thought about linen. Despite the discount I would need about £70 worth as it's a very wide upstairs bedroom window - more than I intended to spend. I have curtains already and wanted something sheer underneath to diffuse the afternoon sunlight in summer. The curtain fabric was only about £9 a metre.

Hummingbird

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 12:09:10 PM »
That looks promising. Thank you.