The Sewing Place

Sewdirect half price sale 16-18 April

Tamnymore

Sewdirect half price sale 16-18 April
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
Just noticed on their website - Sewdirect have a half price sale 16-18 April and free postage. Now you can get that buffet dress pattern!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Sewcycle

Re: Sewdirect half price sale 16-18 April
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 09:35:55 AM »
 :toast: thanks so much for drawing my attention to this. I just got a couple of patterns I’d been thinking about for ages. It’s such a long time since Sewdirect did this  - and if anyone is interested - my postage on £13.75 was FREE :dance:
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »
Glad you found something @Sewcycle . I managed to find a few too. I was looking at a Cynthia Rowley pattern but then I found a youtube review of the dress in a disastrous red shiny polyester so decided against it.  :laughing:
The good thing is that because it's free postage you can have a double dip tomorrow if you fancy something else.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 12:20:05 PM »
They don’t have the one I want :'(

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 13:56:54 PM »
I'm sure you can find another @Efemera:devil:

StitchinTime

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 15:30:22 PM »
@Tamnymore Thanks for this - I have placed a “small” order. Typically the one I really wanted was out of stock, so I had to console myself with some others instead.

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 16:46:01 PM »
My fingers are buying, free delivery as well.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sewcycle

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 16:52:15 PM »
@Efemera Condolences :'(. I did spot a lovely Burda trousers, top and waistcoat pattern I really fancied but was out of stock. However it was nice to get some Katherine Tilton trousers, Dotty Angel mad wrap-over, and a nice Kwik Sew pattern I’ve thought about to clear up some of my leftover wovens. Anything to cheer myself up a bit at the moment. Actually the eBay pattern buying is getting out of hand :[

Sewcycle

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 16:54:16 PM »
Glad you found something @Sewcycle . I managed to find a few too. I was looking at a Cynthia Rowley pattern but then I found a youtube review of the dress in a disastrous red shiny polyester so decided against it.  :laughing:
The good thing is that because it's free postage you can have a double dip tomorrow if you fancy something else.
Oh dear, don’t tempt me!  :devil:

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 13:29:59 PM »
I took a bag of patterns to a charity shop this morning, but I am not tempted to start another collection of unused patterns.

SingingSinger

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 17:08:22 PM »
Just noticed on their website - Sewdirect have a half price sale 16-18 April and free postage. Now you can get that buffet dress pattern!

That is exactly what I ordered last night! McCalls M7948   :D
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 18:12:27 PM »
Yes that's a nice pattern. You can always tell a good pattern as there are loads of reviews. I cut it out in a viyella type fabric a while back. So if I could just finish I can cut a more summery version.

Puzzler

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 07:42:52 AM »
I wonder how many patterns were bought by TSPers - enough for additional group discount? I resisted this time.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 18:00:45 PM »
B****Y H***, only just seen this now it's too late. Once upon a time Sew Direct used to send out emails notifying you of sales, why don't they do this anymore?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 19:10:16 PM »
I got an email from Sewdirect on the afternoon of 16th April though I'd already spotted it in the morning. I wonder if you've dropped off their email list  @sewmuchmore ?