Re: Advice from the experts
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 16:13:38 PM »
Pretty Daughter @Clareew  ... and nice colour fabric

@Greybird  .. Where was that taken ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Gernella

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 16:14:47 PM »
Well you were very lucky then @Lowena the vicar of our own church was on holiday so another vicar took over and we had the 'talk' at his house.  Cheeky beggar asked if there was any particular reason for the rush. Fortunately pushing 30, I was quite happy to tell him the reason why without blushing at the insinuation, although DH was chuntering outside.

Mind you my SIL was pregnant when she got married.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Greybird

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 16:28:32 PM »
@Iminei it was here.

Sandra

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2021, 08:12:33 AM »
Love these wedding pictures.  :loveit:

I just wanted to add that I've seen a couple of dresses from Light in the Box and they were of decent quality. Pretty good fabrics and nicely made.
My daughter's prom dress came from Milly Bridal...(sounds like it's UK site but it's in China.) Again, it did the job without breaking the bank. Pretty good fabrics and nicely made.
Excellent service too. It came exactly when I was expecting it to arrive.

I often find these type of dresses have unexpectedly, very generous seam allowances if you need it letting out.

I've also altered absolute sh1te. Shiny cheap rubbish.
Had a hideous full length, 'trumpet' wedding dress a few years ago for a large lady yet the dress was so flimsy and cheap that it fit into a tiny little bag. There was no substance to it whatsoever.  :S
I had another lady show me her bridesmaids dresses which she'd had custom made in China. They were the wrong colour. They had nasty flower things  :S bunged on the front and they had been spot cleaned in a couple of areas leaving big ugly water stain marks in the fabric.

It's pot luck.

Sandra.
xxx