The Sewing Place

Happy May Day

Iminei

Happy May Day
« on: May 01, 2021, 06:15:45 AM »
And Im up with the lark ... or at least the lil bugger who presumes its dawn about 3am in the morning.

Im dressed and shivering as I wait for the dining room to achieve some  nuance of normal temperature ...
theres a very sharp frost out there in DDD.

I may be back when I feel more normal, I really wish I couldve slept in ....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Stitches

Re: Happy May Day
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:50 AM »
Morning sun is out.meeting up with some of the sewing group to deliver a quilt to one of the girls this pm .hope it stays fine
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:16:23 AM »
Morning, lovely sunshine here but a touch of frost on the grass. The fridge is dripping away ready to be cleaned properly later. I'm still a bit stiff and sore from Wednesday's hospital visit. Not much planned for today, I made bread yesterday, when the fridge is done we'll fill it up with a big grocery shop.
All four chicks have hatched on the cathedral at Norwich and the parents are in and out with food regularly.
Have a good day.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:13:22 AM »
Morning lovely people.
 :grouphug:

Very sunny here and no sign of overnight frost so hopefully Spring has sprung!  :thumbsup:

Plans for today are pottering in the garden, prepping and repainting my garden bench  :meditation:
                and binge watching the first three episodes of series 6 LOD.  :o

I'll watch 3 more tomorrow followed by the series finale on TV. That way I'll have a better chance of understanding what's going on!  :rolleyes:

Have fun tying your ribbons round the Maypole today!  :)

justpottering

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:16:42 AM »
Morning everyone a frosty, cold but bright start to this May day here

We're going to Bude after breakfast, him to kayak me to wander over to the haberdashery to look for fabrics for some summer holiday items  :ninja: my hand is more improved and I'm a bit excited at the thought that I can soon start on my sewing projects waiting in the wings  :dance:

Yesterday evening I did a little crochet, thinking it mimicked the finger/hand exercises I need to do, it went very well and......was much more enjoyable than just moving yer fingers about!

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well  :grouphug:
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 08:18:36 AM »
Hazy sunshine and cold, too.  I am going to one of the local street markets today taking in a visit to the Morrison's that is just across the road from there.

Kitten

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:36 AM »
Sunshine here but cool with it.
May take a walk into town, it has a market on on Saturdays.

I really need to get myself going out more and getting some exercise.  I lost my dog 5 weeks ago  :'( and have only left the house 3 times since then.  I need to change that.

Sandra

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:29 AM »
Had a very good sleep last night after a week of early rising.
It poured with rain yesterday evening and the garden's now looking freshly watered and quite lush.
It's currently dry, a bit cloudy but very still.

Had a phone call yesterday afternoon for my 2nd covid jab.  :S I wasn't expecting it so soon. It will only be 6 weeks on from the first one, but, hurrah!...that'll be me all sorted.  :thumbsup:

The menswear shop called yesterday after saying he wouldn't call again until Tuesday. In the last couple of days, he's been inundated with men buying new trousers.  ><
Mustn't grumble. Many of them have machine stitched hems, so that'll be what I'll be doing this morning.

Sandra.
xxx

Diane

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:34 AM »
Morning all
The sun is shining here today, lovely blue sky and light winds, i may try and get out in the garden this morning to do some tidying up and the lawn may even get a cut.

I have another peg bag to make this week for a friend of mine, i need to send her some pictures of the fabric i have and let her choose what she’d like. Now I’ve got my sewing machine back out i was thinking of making a quilted cover for my actifry, this will give me a chance to have a go at some free motion quilting  :dance: quite exciting as I’ve read loads on it but never done it.

DH and myself might go out later on with the cameras as there has been a sighting of a Hoopoe 10 miles away, i like a challenge and getting out for a walk and some fresh air will be good.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:42:03 AM by Diane »
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,”  and then i laughed and laughed.

Janome 4300QDC, overlocker Brother 1034d

Puzzler

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »
@Lemon Syllabub, lots of luck trying to work out what’s going on in LOD.  :S
@justpottering, perhaps the physiotherapists could introduce others to the delights of crochet in place of basic hand and finger exercises.
@Kitten, so sorry about the loss of your doggie.  :'(

I slept in until 7am and am going to hoist myself out of the house to go for a walk followed by a modicum of housework. You heard it here first. Later it’s round 2 (or is it 3 or 4) of attempting to fit a basic top pattern. I really miss sewing and I mean the actual sewing of a real, wearable garment rather than yet another toile that ends up in recycling.

There’s an art class starting up nearby that’s geared to complete beginners like me. I would love to partake but will hold off until the requirement to wear a mask for the entire one hour session has been relaxed.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 09:13:51 AM »
Good morning and happy May Day. The tradition here is to give gifts of lily of the valley for good luck. Well luck is with us as it's been chucking it down all night - desperately needed as our water reserves are about 75% down on what they need to be.

it's also our 45th Wedding Anniversary today - so we're going out for a slap-up meal with all the family followed by theatre and on to a club for a bit of  dancing until the small hours - or perhaps not.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »
Dull, wafty, 5°C.  And it has rained, there's still spot on the windows. 

Today, well, no ideas at all.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 09:25:51 AM »
@Kitten so sorry about your dog. 

@Catllar 45 years! Congrats.

Kitten

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 09:29:17 AM »
Congratulations @Catllar & Mr C.   :toast:

twopence

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 09:40:54 AM »
Bright here with no frost but it’s probably chilly. I’m just off to collect DD1 and take her to the opticians for them to foot the new frames to her lenses. It’ll be the first time I’ve been that close to her for months.

Not sure what we’ll be doing for the rest of the day apart from our walk. I may need a snooze as I couldn’t get back to sleep when I woke up just after six.

FIL’s sister wants to visit him and he can’t see why when they WhatsApp twice a week. I’m trying to think how to gently say that actually seeing in person before death is a great help especially if it’s the only person who has known you all your life.  MIL doesn’t want a funeral for FIL. I wonder if it’s related to the out of control behaviour of their great grandson at their son in laws funeral.

Have good May Days everyone.