The Sewing Place

Fun with Foliage - 1st to 31st May

BrendaP

Re: Fun with Foliage - 1st to 31st May
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 21:02:17 PM »
I've had a rummage through the stash and found about 1.5m of this poly crepe.  Plenty big enough to cut a blouse from.  I'm using McCalls 6035 which I have made before and I've cut the version with ruching and ties on the sleeves

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 08:27:04 AM »
Hi all,

Here is my entry:
Your User Name and Entry Number: cakeymcdoodle #1

What is it and for whom
A Paper Theory Zadie jumpsuit made with ex-Dolce & Gabbana banana leaf poplin, for me!

The instructions were great and the notches etc matched up perfectly. The wrap part very much keeps everything covered and the pockets are very deep. The jumpsuit is very comfy and I am likely to wear it a lot throughout the Summer.

The only style alteration was to shorten the legs due to fabric restrictions. Fit wise, I lengthened the bodice by 2cm and did a swayback with the trouser part only. These are normal adjustments for me. I made another with shorter cuffed shorts from orange linen (it's on Instagram, same handle if you'd like to look) and would definitely make another, and possibly a wrap cardigan just using the top part.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:32:25 AM by cakeymcdoodle »

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »
Your User Name and Entry Number
Brenda P's entry.

What is it and for whom

A shirt for myself.

A short description on how you made it, any problems overcome etc.

A princess seamed shirt which I have made before with various sleeve options.  This one has the ruched sleeves and a collar with stand.  All the body seams are mock felled; overlocked and then stitched down.  No particular problems except that when I tried it on as 'finished' one of the buttonholes hadn't been cut!

The fabric is a lightweight stable knit from stash, and just enough left over to make a decent size gift-wrap bag and the obligatory must-have fashion accessory.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

fajita

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »

Entry number one (and only) by Fajita

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Well, this may not have enough foliage, but it does have some
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:03:30 PM by fajita »

Puzzler

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2021, 12:35:29 PM »
My top is cut out but my sewing machine is away for a service and due back Monday. I'm hoping to enter but it will be just under the wire.

TartanPaint

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2021, 12:47:06 PM »
@fajita

That looks amazing and I'm glad to see you're making use of my complete cop-out in the Accessories Swap.

:)
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2021, 17:25:59 PM »
This is going to another dilly of a competition to vote for ...  excellent entries so far!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 15:25:36 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

dolcevita

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 21:07:26 PM »
I'm getting there, honestly I am! It's just that I keep getting distracted along the way and I've found that the design I had planned for my fabric (Itch to Stitch chai dress) is unlikely to get an outing as I made the blouse version and hate it!!! Still, better to find out now than commit my foliage fabric to a certain death.

Catllar

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2021, 21:00:40 PM »
Lots of lovely work here. Going to be hard to choose!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

toileandtrouble

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2021, 16:57:39 PM »
Might just get under the wire -again.  I am trying a doll's shirt with proper two piece collar and cuffs.  I wanted to see how accurate I could be. My tablet won't email me my pictures any more, they just sit in the outbox.  I still have to do the fastenings.  Might borrow something to get the pictures later.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

toileandtrouble

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2021, 23:57:01 PM »
Spent the evening sewing on fastenings.  |O  Finished before midnight -oh, I had another day left.  :facepalm:
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Puzzler

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2021, 06:43:38 AM »
Is this my very last day and then needles down?  :scream: I feel like a GBSB contestant! I still have to finish cuffs with fabric button loop, insert sleeves and hem. I’ve given warning to Esmeralda that she’ll be required to model my top. She won’t fill out the bust as well I, but she’ll have to do.

Helen M

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:37 AM »
I may or may not just sneak in at the last minute, time will tell!

I got sidetracked with something else.....
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Puzzler

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2021, 16:08:16 PM »
Puzzler’s entry - Itch to Stitch Seychelles top.

I made this for myself.

Description: Fabric was purchased in London years ago. It’s a rayon challis so a brushed texture. This plus the colour made it more suitable for a cooler weather garment so I made the long sleeve version. The fabric was difficult to work with and frayed like mad. I hand-basted practically everything. I used my Singer Featherweight and overlocker. I had to size down as there is a lot of ease but still plenty for me without it looking like a tent. I have been searching for ages for such a pattern and tried to draft my own on occasion, but all attempts went bin-ways. Doesn’t look like much in the photo and unfortunately the colour is distorted but I am thrilled. The pattern will be used again for sure. In fact this is the second Seychelles I have sewn. I made the short sleeve version a couple of weeks ago.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 16:23:42 PM by Puzzler »

Helen M

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2021, 20:19:57 PM »
Stitching finished thank goodness  :faints:! Photo to follow.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55