Start Date ... May 1st
Needles Down ... May 31st

Entries for a fun competition in by 5th June please
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

Re: Mays Mini Marvels
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 08:32:25 AM »
Hmmm......  :thinking:

About 5 years ago I had a great idea  :\ to one day make a mini quilt using mini hexi papers.

I've never tried making anything with any sized hexi papers and these are quarter-inch ones.  :S I'm not overly fond of hand stitching so I don't know if I've got it in me to do this, but I've got some Liberty lawn fabrics now put to one side with some white Egyptian cotton to use as the background.

I'm thinking about it.

Sandra.
xxx

maliw

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 15:42:18 PM »
I've just made 2 quilts for a doll's pram but already given and no photos !!!!!
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 15:49:33 PM »
Another one who is thinking about this and wondering how small is small.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 20:43:45 PM »
As small as you want ... @Sandra  I think those mini hexies would be above and beyond ... Dont do it!

Sandra

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 20:49:33 PM »
Ha, ha... 0_0
I've cut some little bits of fabric out this afternoon and I've had a go at wrapping the fabric around the hexie to see what I think.
I think I'm going to attempt it but I don't know if it'll get finished.

Sandra.
xxx

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 22:54:53 PM »
@Sandra 1/4 inch hexies!!  :faints:
Willing but not always able :)

Sandra

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »

:scream:

I think I'll have a go to test out just how fiddly they're going to be. The fabric I've cut out to wrap around these little pieces are three-quarters of an inch squares.  :S
Sometimes I have the patience to do time consuming stuff and other times I don't.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 06:48:53 AM »
 :faints:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 07:13:28 AM »
As small as you want ... @Sandra  I think those mini hexies would be above and beyond ... Dont do it!

If @Iminei says don't do it then Girl, don't do it.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Celia

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »
Do you know I think I might like to join in this one, I love the idea of quilting but I think the scale is wrong for me, I like making small things, so maybe this is it.

Off to look for ideas

fajita

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »
I started off thinking 20”x20” was small. Having made a couple of small squares, I’m now thinking 5”x5” would make a nice little coaster sized quilt

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »
Not so @Renegade Sewist  @Iminei doesn't do hand sewing much, for a couple of reasons whereas @Sandra is a very neat and precise professional sewist.
She'll ace it......
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sara-S

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 11:46:36 AM »
I'm thinking of something about 12" x 12". Is that in the size range for this challenge?
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 17:21:35 PM »
I'm thinking of something about 12" x 12". Is that in the size range for this challenge?

@Sara-S , yes. In the world of quilt shows it's generally 12" to no more than 24" per side and reads like a big quilt. Imi did say it could also be not so mini for your fur baby. Your size would be lovely.

An example is mine, a gift from the original owner of the local quilt shop. Roughly the size of copy paper it's 5 x 7 blocks. Finished blocks are 1½" square. Solid setting blocks are quilted with a ½" hand stitched heart alternating which 9 patch blocks. The patches are each ½".  :faints:

I once did a Sunbonnet Sue in 1930s feeling fabrics  in 1" = 1' scale. The Sues were fused then blanket stitched with sewing thread. I don't think I quite finished it. It wasn't my idea to begin with. Someone was "teaching" me how. In those days I was doing 90 stitch to the inch petit point.  :faints:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.