The Sewing Place

Mays Mini Marvels

Pearl

Re: Mays Mini Marvels
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
I wonder if being smaller would mean I'm more likely to get it finished?   :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Lowena

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
It could be a side competition @Pearl  between you and @Iminei ..we could run a book on  :laughing: it
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:35:17 PM by Iminei »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2021, 12:47:52 PM »
I accept the challenge, @Lowena , @Iminei .  I've not finished more quilts than I have finished.

Now I've found a pattern and am sorting fabric.  Starting has never been a problem, though.

Lowena

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2021, 13:26:20 PM »
I'll wait in great anticipation  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sara-S

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2021, 15:24:08 PM »
I’ve sewn the top & pinned the layers of my piece. Fewer mistakes than my last one. Still can’t quite get all the corners matched up.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Sara-S

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 23:01:37 PM »
Ok it’s done.  Not perfect, but pretty good & I had fun with it. It’s 12” x 12”
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Here it is, with its new owner, Barnsie Bear. He is looking forward to snuggling under it when he reads bedtime stories to the other bears.  But he can’t make up his mind which side he likes better.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

whofilets

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2021, 00:31:49 AM »
I was making pretty good progress on my piece, and was following a nice tutorial- but you all know how there is a difference between "reading" and "understanding"? First I thought I needed 10 fabric strips and two small blocks. Nope, I need 10 different fabrics that make 8 strips and 2 sets of blocks. Okay, not a problem, I wasn't really liking two of them anyways.
Finish the block thinking this is going to be a close twelve inches, only to realize I need FOUR of those sets of 8 strips. Ooooooh okay okay okay!  I do not blame the tutorial I was following, it was clear.

That project is going into time out for a minute while I work on a different, more miniature mini.
US to UK, brought all the fabric and yarn with me

Celia

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2021, 08:17:06 AM »
@Sara-S  that looks good and more importantly your bear seems to love it :loveit:

Flobear

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2021, 18:26:52 PM »
I'll press ahead with my plan but as the finished size will be about 21" square I shall confine it to my personal diary. Any smaller and the dog dog wouldn't fit on/under it.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2021, 19:39:09 PM »
Ooh, @Sara-S fmq, how impressive  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2021, 19:49:43 PM »
I was going to do this.. but 12” isn’t big enough for DDs cat.

Pearl

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2021, 20:18:41 PM »
I’ve only just read this thread.  Didn’t realise I was supposed to post pic of fabric and now I’ve cut it up.  I’m using scraps from my stash but I need more backing fabric.   Progress pic

Iminei

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2021, 06:19:17 AM »
No youre OK @Pearl  ... Darksiders dont often have metres of uncut fabric to show at the beginning of a project .... progress pics and finished item pics are absolutely fine!!!

@Efemera  .. Why not do it anyway?? DD 's cat will appreciate it!

Or maybe next year we should have a FurBaby Sewalong ?? Quilts, Accessories or clothing for your Furbaby???

@Bodgeitandscarper 's Girls would have strong contenders in WonderWoman outfits or Batman and Robin
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 06:22:40 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »
Oh, you have to post pics of the fabric beforehand?  I have started piecing mine already. Will see what I can do .
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
I am using mostly scraps left from the citrine star block.  I may add a small amount of another fabric yet.

Willing but not always able :)