The Sewing Place

Free Fibremood PDF Pattern 8-9 May only

Helen M

Free Fibremood PDF Pattern 8-9 May only
« on: May 08, 2021, 14:53:19 PM »
Just seen on Instagram that you can get a free fibremood PDF pattern from their webshop with the code SEWISTAMOM

Today and tomorrow only though and it can be for any pattern.

I haven't tried to use it yet so can't say how it works.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Vezelay

Re: Free Fibremood PDF Pattern 8-9 May only
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 16:07:34 PM »
Thank you Helen! I couldn't resist the lure of a freebie to expand my extensive pdf pattern collection. Yes the code works and I got myself the Noelle jacket which is very 80s - I had a few of these at one time, even wearing one in my wedding photos  :) - but I have some stash tencel that should be perfect.

Not sure if I want to print 45 A4 pages so I might add it to my next copyshop order. And if you do decide to use the code be prepared to lose 30 minutes of your life as this Belgian website is grindingly slow

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 16:30:47 PM »
I'm damn sure that I don't want to print 45 A4 pages, so I'll pass on this.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 17:11:00 PM »
Glad i visited TSP today as i bookmarked a Fibre Mood pattern yesterday so off i go to "purchase". As a freeby i will probabley send to Fabricate to be printed as i have a voucher. Sorry can't share with you as it is personal to me.

@Vezelay Sooooooo slooooow
@Helen M thanks for code, but i have been a bit naughty and created 2 accounts and got 2 patterns.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 18:02:42 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 17:40:11 PM »
Wonder if Fabricate would give us a group discount.  :rolleyes:

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 17:47:57 PM »
I'm damn sure that I don't want to print 45 A4 pages,
  :laughing:

@UttaRetch  Yes, 45 pages is a lot but I love PDFs.... especially free ones.  :dance:

@Helen M Thank you for the code. I do like Fibre Mood patterns.  :thumbsup:

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 17:50:31 PM »
Wonder if Fabricate would give us a group discount.  :rolleyes:
sign up for her newsletter, she often send out discount codes plus you earn bobbins that soon add up for further discounts plus a birthday treat and codes just for you. if you are interested.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 19:03:11 PM »
I had a look but the tedium of long buffering between each change of page was draining so I took the hint at the last timed out error page. I'll look late tonight when it might be more responsive.

With all the talk of 45 pages, is there not a copyshop A0 option?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 20:30:51 PM »
Nice patterns but slooooow website!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Helen M

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 20:39:31 PM »
The website isn't normally so slow, must be the offer attracting so much traffic. Will try later!

Hope you all manage to get a pattern.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 21:51:19 PM »
Eventually managed to order a pdf but I can't see how or where to get it. I assume they email it

oops - found the instructions.

Vezelay

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 22:18:12 PM »
With all the talk of 45 pages, is there not a copyshop A0 option?

Yes @Marniesews there is indeed. Anyway, my Noelle jacket might be 45 pages but some of the pdfs are probably smaller so I wouldn't let that put you off.

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 22:51:06 PM »
Yes there is an A0 version with the blouse pattern I downloaded. It is 3 A0 pages though. I'm sure Stylearc would have got a blouse pattern onto 2 A0s. Still, don't look a gift pattern in the mouth!
Actually, I don't find 40 or so A4 pages too bad. I recently pieced together 100+ A4 pages from a Butterick pattern (no A0 option) - now that was too much!

Puzzler

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 09:34:01 AM »
sign up for her newsletter, she often send out discount codes plus you earn bobbins that soon add up for further discounts plus a birthday treat and codes just for you. if you are interested.

Done! The only issue is the use 80g weight paper. Some of my A0 patterns are multiple sheets so would take up a lot of space but the flip side is I find them easier to trace from them.

As for Fibre Mood, I didn’t find a pattern I wanted. That’ll save on trees.  :P

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 12:05:41 PM »
Well I've printed out my 38 A4 pages and my printer managed it easily (it sometimes struggles with Stylearc patterns). I find that anything under about 50 pages is acceptable. I've got reasonably slick at the sticky together thingy. The pdf has layers so you need only print out your size or a couple or more sizes if you want to grade between 2 or more sizes. I think this is great. There is a video on the website explaining all this. You can also download instructions for your pattern from the website. The instructions are extensive - probably more than I need - but would be good for less experienced sewists. So far, I'm impressed.