The Sewing Place

Moto jacket finished, and Mother of the Groom outfit started.

Tiggy

I finished the Cream jacket and I like it.  I’m a bit miffed at making the silly mistake of putting the zipper on the wrong side, but there you go.  It should have gold studs at the corners of the fronts, and 2 along the bottom but I struggled with putting the studs in and didn’t want to spoil the jacket.  It’s a poor pic of both the jacket and me,  the shoulders look lumpy, and it looks a lot better when I’m stood up but there you are.  We were having coffee in York, opposite Betty’s and the sun was in my eyes.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Then there is my next big project.  My son is getting married at the end of July, so I need a Nice dress/jacket.  I’ve chosen this.

https://www.sewdirect.com/product/v1536/?attribute_size=E5+%2814-16-18-20-22%29

I’ve got a lovely blue jacquard similar to this,
https://www.minerva.com/mp/1239327/embroidered-taffeta-fabric-duck-egg-blue&variant=1077640, but more ‘bluebell’ blue.  (It’s a LOT more expensive than that fabric as well.). I’ve made my toile, lengthened it in the skirt and upper chest, shortened it in the waist and finally got the princess seam under the arm to fit properly. 
My 83 year old mum was helping me, and I was fussing about the fit of the bust.  It suddenly dawned on her, that this dress will fit ‘me’.  The armholes won’t be too big and the shoulder seam will be on my shoulder instead of rolled forwards.  She finally understood WHY I sew.  It’s not a ‘poverty’ option, it’s a ‘made to fit’ option.

So I’ve altered my patterns and seriously considering making another toile just to ‘check’.  Then it will be time to put scissors to fabric.  Gulp.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 18:14:24 PM by Tiggy »
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Kenora

Re: Moto jacket finished, and Mother of the Groom outfit started.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 17:19:13 PM »
@Tiggy - your jacket is gorgeous and it really suits you.  <3 I love the pattern you've chosen for your MotG outfit too.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

toileandtrouble

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 17:31:39 PM »
Well done @Tiggy!  Love your fabric - in fact, I have some just like it (or very similar) which will be my 60s skirt and jacket if I get time to do something for me.  Sun and coffee at Betty's?  What a treat!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 17:40:42 PM »
Lovely jacket @Tiggy  and your pattern and fabric choice for the wedding outfit is very chic, I love the shape of the jacket back.
Still learning

dolcevita

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 18:06:58 PM »
Brilliant! So stylish, both the moto jacket and the proposed MoB outfit. Well done!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 18:31:21 PM »
Oh, just looked up the MoG pattern. I bought that too. Now I am wondering if it will be flattering on my shape. it should look great on you!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

jen

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 07:04:54 AM »
Lovely jacket!

Skater’sMum

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 22:15:09 PM »
Lovely choice of fabric - very chic.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished outfit.  Hope it all turns out wonderfully beautiful
Enjoying retirement in the sunshine ☀️ 😁 ☀️

charlotte

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 15:38:48 PM »
Just popped along here after you commented on my MOB dress thread @Tiggy

I absolutely LOVE this pattern, and it's one I was looking at when Mum was considering a jacket. It's going to be stunning.