The Sewing Place

MADE IT!!!!

sewminds

MADE IT!!!!
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »
 :dance:
Oh the suspense was killin me.... like let me in already!!!

Finally have a new basic machine after numerous years separation(a generation)  from my old one and the first item made was my av and yes, did everything the way I wasn't supposed to...like putting my pins in the wrong way to direction of sewing... so things are wonky but she still suits the purpose. Need to buy everything all over again but hey I'll have fun spending the OH's $$$$..oh wait... they're mine too... well I'll have fun anyway.,

I have many crafty interests all jostling for me time and about to be a Granna..everyone keep everything crossed...it's like...IMMINENT!!!! I'm a tad excited about this and for my DD and her hubs so please forgive my shouting hysteria.

Needless to say... there'll be bub things, me things, more bub things followed no doubt by toddler things.  :D OMG!!!  :dance:

Oh and hi!

Flobear

Re: MADE IT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:27:58 AM »
Hello and welcome @sewminds . It sounds as if you have a very exciting time coming up.  Wishing you lots of fun with your new baby even if it is basic and with your imminent grandchild  0_0
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:32:40 AM »
Hello @sewminds  and welcome!  Hope you have fun with your new machine and good luck with the arrival of the grand baby xx

sewminds

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »
Thanks for the welcome ..let's see if I do this right.. @Flobear ..ooo your name popped up!

Yes, not sure when we'll be allowed to see the GD. The hospitals here don't allow visitors now..at least at the one DD is attending... good old Covid. I know she'll be in for at least 5 days and we suggested they then had some alone time at home, getting to know each other and routines etc, before folk dropping by to say hi.

I wish we'd moved closer already but alas not to be just yet. They're a good 3-4 hour drive away so OH and I might have to take it in turns to visit because there's also 'pets'..le sigh. The cats would be ok but there's a young 25+kg 7 month pup that would wreak total chaos if left alone.
I'm on tenterhooks!
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
Hi @Nevis50_0

I'm so nervous for them! I'm practically sitting on the phone waiting for another update!... no I don't have it set to vibrate... :rolleyes:  :angel:
Sew it needs juice!

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 09:03:44 AM »
Welcome @sewminds Exciting times ahead.  I was a returnee to sewing after not doing much for 20 years, you may be surprised at how many new things are available now on which to spend your $$$ and we are very good enablers here  :devil:
I love your chicken avatar.
Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 09:13:58 AM »
Hello and welcome - we like need to see pics of all your makes - and your puppy, there is a pets thread somewhere...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »
Welcome to TSP @sewminds. As @Ploshkin said there’s lots of new habby, notions and tools available now.  Some are indispensable, some useful and others you just won’t need.  But it’s fun finding what works for you. 

I'm sure you’ll be busy with little things.  An exciting time for you.  I find little sleeves are ‘interesting' to sew.   :)

fajita

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »
Welcome @sewminds  :drink: :cake:

Flobear

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »
Pets thread

There ya go @sewminds . I know you have a thousand and one things to do but when you have a spare moment to show off your furry / feathered / scaly friends...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 14:49:22 PM by Iminei »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lilian

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »
Welcome from me too @sewminds  :sew: :drink:
Willing but not always able :)

realale

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 11:15:32 AM »
Welcome. It sounds as if you have an exciting time coming up and lucky you getting to investigate all the new sewing equipment.
So many beers, so little time.

Surest1tch

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 13:10:28 PM »
Welcome from me too, glad you made it  :thumbsup:

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 13:11:17 PM »
Welcome to TSP and fingers crossed for a safe arrival in the not too distant future.

Yes we are a nosey lot and like to see the things peope make.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 17:51:13 PM »
A warm welcome from me too @sewminds . :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath