The Sewing Place

MADE IT!!!!

Catllar

Re: MADE IT!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 18:05:18 PM »
Welcome from me too! All sounds very exciting - so many new things to look forward to. Look forward to talking to you and seeing your makes, baby, pets, sewing machines, fabric.........
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 18:42:10 PM »
Hello and welcome @sewminds
Still learning

charley

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2021, 20:53:28 PM »
Exciting times for you, enjoy it all. Hello and welcome from me too.

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2021, 22:09:53 PM »
Welcome @sewminds . You have exciting times ahead!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Greybird

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 22:36:29 PM »
Hello and welcome!

sewminds

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2021, 01:30:50 AM »
Thank you @Ploshkin! Yes, rollers to cut with and self healing mats...what the hey?! And the politically incorrect fat quarters..like say waaaaat???? A whole new world of lingo to learn too.

Ahhh, she's the result of my 'only had $15 in the wallet when picking up the machine so dove into the scrap fabric basket for some small finds and purchased one grey thread to sew it together'. I'm glad I didn't use beads for the eyes. I can mix up the colour and placement of the pins to suit the mood I'm in. 0_0
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2021, 01:39:44 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper I'm guessing you mean sewing makes.. that will be a nice slooooow process.. there's just the chook so far! Hahaaa.
If we're talking the knit and crochet side.. probably easiest(less band with sucking for the group) to direct to my rav projects but would need group ok to do that.

My rocks and jewellery.....well, they're my other loves I'm getting back into but I seriously suck at taking photos of those. If the camera was able to take out a restraining order against me, it would've done it years ago.

Ahh the puppy..I'll see if I have some from the actual camera(not tried to remove from the phone before). Mind you, there's also the other pooch and kitties who'd feel left out so they'd have to get a look in too.
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 02:15:51 AM »
Okay.. a bit overwhelmed with all the wonderful welcomes... and I'm officially a Granna!!!!! The mind is a bit of a mush!  :D

On this page that I can see, huge group hug and thanks for the welcomes @Ohsewsimple yes the free arm might not be quite small enough @fajita yum my two tasty vices @Flobear (thanks for the link) @Lilian I neeeeed that caffeine! @realale I'm over the moon!  @Surest1tch in a nutshell  :thumbsup: @BrendaP unscheduled C yesterday, all safe and sound now, thank you! xo @Kenora  how pretty, thank you! @Catllar After my own heart..bring it on! @Silver Rose thank ye kindly @charley  :dance: :boohoo: so far..happy tears though @Tamnymore  Absolutely! I get to see the world wonders through innocent eyes again @Greybird thank you! at sewminds..oh wait... that's me... is that everyone? I'll find out in a minute!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:43:52 AM by Iminei »
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 02:18:29 AM »
Pets thread

There ya go @sewminds . I know you have a thousand and one things to do but when you have a spare moment to show off your furry / feathered / scaly friends...  ;)

About to make another  :drink:, put the feet up and I'll have a breather by a virtual walkies through the thread. Thanks for finding it for me. xo
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2021, 02:21:48 AM »
Question, with just quoting, will Flobear know the post is there or do I need to do the @ thingy as well?
Sew it needs juice!

Pearl

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2021, 06:17:40 AM »
You need to do the @thingy as well.  @Flobear

Catllar

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2021, 08:00:38 AM »
Congratulations on your  new arrival - all systems  to go now! :toast: :toast: :sew: :vintage:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

fajita

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »
@sewminds Congratulations on becoming granny.

charley

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2021, 19:39:10 PM »
Such wonderful news for you, and so exciting. There is nothing as good as the smell of a baby's skin, and a baby snuggling into your neck.

sewminds

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 09:01:58 AM »
@Pearl Thanks for the info.  :thumbsup:
Sew it needs juice!