The Sewing Place

MADE IT!!!!

sewminds

Re: MADE IT!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 09:20:30 AM »
@Catllar @fajita @charley

Thank you ever so much all of you!!!!  :grouphug:

The hosp rules were 'eased' a touch last Wednesday when DSIL messaged and said can you come..she needs you.
So everything was dropped, things were wildly grabbed and shoved into an overnight bag so I could do the 3 1/2 hour drive to get there so I'd at least have one hour of visit time. The only folk meant to be there were the partner and one other nominated person which was her sister because I brought them up to be super close and the fact that she lived only 5 mins away.
So I did the mum things, console, do the multiple trips to the shops until the right size bra was obtained then back again to get more when sizing achieved..and feed my son who was looking after their house and pets and then DD had to droip around for some mum cooking as well.

Wind forward a few days and I'm finally home. Totally knackered yesterday so was a bit of a zombie and just now, finally getting back in the mood for chatting.

Oh and when I was picking up the most gorgeous bear in town, what was across the road??? Spotlight! So I just had to drop in there for a look and I have to admit, a metre of knit with gumnut babes just happened to be purchased. No idea on design yet but it should be enough to make her something.
Oh and the gorgeous addition is known as Zoe.  <3 :loveit:  <3 < totally biased of course.  :D
Sew it needs juice!

Stitches

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2021, 10:04:19 AM »
Congratulations on your  new arrival

fajita

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
Sounds like an exciting time in your life. Welcome to the world, Zoe

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »
Congratulations!  And - despite your exhaustion - it must be very nice to be needed so strongly at such a time!   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »
Congratulations Granny @sewminds  :toast:
Willing but not always able :)

Silver Rose

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2021, 13:03:26 PM »
Congratulations @sewminds   :flower:
Still learning

sewminds

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2021, 08:19:03 AM »
@Stitches @fajita @Acorn @Lilian @Silver Rose
thank you all!
OH has made it down for his visit.
We have some worries over the length of time with jaundice but bubs is putting on the weight well.
I hope my fears never come to fruition and that she grows into a strong healthy young woman.
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2021, 02:29:58 AM »
MODS!!!
Still a LOT to learn in here!!!
Was just in that thread where you all talk about the days plans etc, went to join in with a reply to thread, clicked the button then thought hang on a minute...this is a Notify button...uh ohhhhh.
So sorry if that's been some form of report action, that was not my intent.  :|
okay, I think I might have a gremlin in the works... the reply button is now there when it wasn't 5 mins ago. :S
Sew it needs juice!

Acorn

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 09:24:45 AM »
No problem - the notify button (theoretically) means that you'll get an email when someone replies to the thread. 

In practice notification emails very often get stopped at some point during their journey through the ether because some bit of the internet decides that they must be spam.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewminds

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 16:53:58 PM »
@Acorn Oh phew! Thank you! :hug:
Sew it needs juice!