The Sewing Place

Sewing Place Inaugural Boom - sign ups!

Catllar

Re: Sewing Place Inaugural Boom - sign ups!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 13:26:07 PM »
I shall have a look in the glory hole sewing room storage area later. Might have to shop.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 19:22:02 PM »
OMG !!!! I have found my happy place! A website called www.cotton-color.com . Swiss based and it has every single patchwork fabric in the world ( I maybe exaggerate a little) I've ordered my Boom fabric. Hope it arrives quickly!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 20:09:16 PM »
I have some Effervescence by Robert Kaufmann but probably only a metre of two colourways ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

and I'd probably be really picky and ask for neutrals, blacks, greys and whites to partner it ... Which would not be so good!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

RJR_38

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 07:28:52 AM »
You could easily send 5 people one colour, and 5 people another @Iminei

Why would neutrals not be good? I'm sure people have lots of neutrals lying around- I know I do (I have just sorted out my scraps and FQs and they  were the biggest haha

RJR_38

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2021, 18:36:20 PM »
OK, so if I'm right so far we have:

RJR_38
Fajita
Brenda P
Efemera
Pearl
Whofilets
Catlar

@Lowena  and @Iminei have you decided if you will join? 9 players will be so much more fun than 7!

Let me know how I can persuade you...  :devil: haha

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2021, 20:56:49 PM »
Sorry, Im too tired to join in ...
Im sure you could RaRa this in the cafe/today thread/Darkside ...

RJR_38

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 12:45:04 PM »
I'll pop back on later to check final numbers, send out my address details etc. But thought I would share the fabric I've chosen. I saw it in the fabric shop this morning and thought it would be perfect as it will allow so many colour and fabric  choices - I'm really excited to see what people choose!   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

BrendaP

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 09:29:53 AM »
That's a really lovely fabric and gives lots of possibilities for for colour choices to make the blocks. 

Will you be asking for black backgrounds in the blocks?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

RJR_38

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 17:55:54 PM »
OK 'Boomers' you all have a PM!

@BrendaP no, I am just going to ask for colours and patterns that match any of the hearts on your piece - they are all quite strong, bold colours which I love. I wouldn't want any white or cream for example as that doesn't appear anywhere. So if the design does need a background that isn't 'coloured' then black would probably make the most sense. I can imagine blocks where this print is the background and the main design is in a different colour/print as well...

fajita

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2021, 18:02:16 PM »
Do you want our fabric choice posting into this thread? @RJR_38

Lowena

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 18:46:39 PM »
So sorry @RJR_38 that I'm not feeling in a good enough place to enter this time. Next time..... and I will follow with interest. I'm pleased to see something different emerging and wish you all luck  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

RJR_38

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 19:22:08 PM »
Do you want our fabric choice posting into this thread? @RJR_38

Good question.... shall we keep it on here rather than starting a new thread or shall we start a new one? I'm no good at making decisions when I'm not at work haha

fajita

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 20:03:06 PM »
I would think a more focused dedicated thread - I imagine it will be a busy one. 

But I’m happy to be overruled.

Iminei

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 20:24:11 PM »
Thread started Here ....

AFTER you have signed up in this thread!