The Sewing Place

Vogue Summer patterns

UttaRetch

Vogue Summer patterns
« on: May 19, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »
See them here.  There is no must have for me, but I am not a summer person.

This

is similar to the discontinued

Ploshkin

Re: Vogue Summer patterns
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »
I always feel that I'm a foot too short for Vogue patterns - I've never used one.  If it was 1973 I would have gone for the short, black and white dress.
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
Nothing I could wear... I’m a bit tired of the Tilton silhouette.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 09:28:19 AM »
I went rushing off to look - and more disappointment.  They are all so ordinary looking and old-fashioned.

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »
They've lost their way with this lot.

Nice to find someone else who is not a 'summer person' @UttaRetch!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 09:51:29 AM »
I always feel that I'm a foot too short for Vogue patterns - I've never used one.  If it was 1973 I would have gone for the short, black and white dress.
Don't forget that the models are always tall, but being of only average height I know what you mean.

Somebody on PR thought

had a cheerleader vibe, but for me it's more 60's than anything.  I can't remember what I wore in 1973 since I was still at school and my parents bought what I wear.  However, by 1975 I had started work and that dress does not look familiar at all.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
Very 1970,s.  Been there done that

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 16:15:18 PM »
Nothing for me there apart from the long skirt V1813 but that pattern or similar is in my files somewhere.
Still learning

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 17:27:29 PM »
I can see 3 or 4 patterns I'd buy and maybe another couple I quite like. I think the Marcy Tilton top and cardi looks like it has possibilities and would be useful. I really like the Zandra Rhodes dress though it is really too fitted in the waist for me. I have loved the Zandra Rhodes look since I was a teenager though I must admit it is a little fancy for wearing to put the bins out.  :laughing: I recently saw the original of her 1969 mustard coat with the pixie collar in a museum in Edinburgh and I was mesmerized. I have the Vogue pattern version of this so must make it up soon. Can you be a pixie with a senior bus pass? Hell yeah you can!

Quite like the Sandra Betzina top and trousers though I'd make the trousers full length. I find the fit of SB patterns to be really good. Quite like the Tom.and Linda Platt op art top and trousers but probably wouldn't buy. I like the Rachel Comey dress (the looser one) but would make the neckline much narrower as it would be showing too much senior pixie flesh. Although the Comey patterns don't always look very exciting they are very nice when made up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 17:33:13 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 18:02:16 PM »
Don't care for the patterns but I like some of the fabrics they've used.

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 20:34:47 PM »
Personally I find V1800 to be one of the ugliest things I've seen for a long time. And as for the prices.....
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

PollyWally

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 01:53:50 AM »
V1815 reminds me of the shorts and trousers worn in the television series The Durrells which I have been watching recently.

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 08:08:29 AM »
as for the prices.....
All of them are now on sale for $6.99 and they haven't even reached the UK.  ><

Nevis5

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2021, 08:14:00 AM »
I have a photo somewhere of my sister wearing a black and white maxi dress very similar to Tom and Linda Platt design way back in 1975.  It was a very striking dress and she looked fab in it.  We are lucky as we are both tall and could carry that off but not sure our pensioner lifestyle really calls for it these days.  The rest of the patterns look very dull and uninteresting to me.  I'll save my pennies (but as @UttaRetch  says they won't be here in the UK for months anyway).

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 08:24:00 AM »
The Somethingdelightful website has frequent sales and my last order arrived in less than three weeks which was quicker than usual.   :D
I see that McCalls is also on sale including digital patterns for those who like sticking paper together - I don't mind and find it quite therapeutic as long as there aren't too many pages. It would be good if they did large paper sizes too which would make it worthwhile sending a digital pattern off to Patternsy for printing.

My pensioner lifestyle has me putting out the bins in my Zandra Rhodes creation (not) @Nevis5:laughing:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde