The Sewing Place

Project Linus Quiltalongathon

Kenora

Re: Project Linus Quiltalongathon
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2022, 20:46:34 PM »
I know this is a really old topic but I've only just taken photographs of my finished Project Linus quilt (which I actually finished last September)!!! :sorry:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
It's a bit creased because it's been folded up for months. The finished size was 44" x 66" so roughly single bed size. I quilted it on my embroidery unit. If you look closely you can see the seashells and dragonflies - a strange mixture, I know, but I liked the pattern.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
The quilt will go to Project Linus along with a double-bed size knitted blanket that I've just finished. I need to sew in all the yarn ends on that first (which will take me ages) but then I'll contact the PL rep in the Cornwall area and see if she wants them. If she doesn't, they'll go to Operation Orphan.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ploshkin

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2022, 23:26:31 PM »
Gorgeous colours as always @Kenora
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2022, 09:49:18 AM »
Lovely I really like the way you have done the edge pieces :perfect10:

BrendaP

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2022, 09:55:47 AM »
The one I made went to Ukraine.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Kenora

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2022, 11:45:59 AM »
Well done @BrendaP . I've been making quilts and blankets for charities and deserving causes for many years. Sadly it's a fact of life that there will always be a new cause which needs support.

I didn't deliberately ignore the Ukraine situation but the containers leaving Cornwall for that area have been flooded with donations and the organisers are now asking for money only.

Last week I sent two parcels of fabric, yarn and haberdashery items weighing 30kg to my contact in Scotland. These will be sent to Sierra Leone with the intention of helping the women and children get back on their feet after a war which has all but been forgotten.

Sorry for the rant.

Lowena

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2022, 13:01:46 PM »
I know what you mean @Kenora . We watched Romesh Ranganathan 's programme where he visited and travelled around Sierra Leone. Very sobering! Almost everyone is under 60 and lots of men are disabled because of the awful conflict. :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kenora

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2022, 14:07:51 PM »
Not just men @Lowena - there are many women living in Amputee Village now who had limbs hacked off as children during the conflict. The sewing supplies being sent out to them are intended to help them make a better living in order to feed their families.  <3