The Sewing Place

Project Linus Quiltalongathon

Kenora

Re: Project Linus Quiltalongathon
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 17:04:43 PM »
@Ploshkin - the Rules say we have to stop sewing on 30th June and submit our entries by 5th July. Whether that means we have to get them to @Iminei by that date I don't know. That's why I was unsure as to whether I'd manage to make a quilt in that time. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Starryfish

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 18:25:00 PM »
I've bought a charm pack, as I thought that would be a simpler way to start as I haven't got easy access to a quilting shop, and no time this week or half of next for a trip out. When it comes I'll start QAYGing it.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Kitten

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 19:21:23 PM »
@Kenora have a look here for nice quality but reasonably priced fabric https://www.ascariefabrics.co.uk
They used to be at our local market most weeks (so I have quite a bit of their fabric) until Covid but are now online.  I've used them online and the quality is the same as when they were at the market.

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2021, 21:03:47 PM »
Replies tomorrow Girls, Im bushed! Ok ?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2021, 21:39:36 PM »
Thanks @Kitten - I've had a quick look and they've got a mustard chevron that would be perfect for my project. :) I'll have a longer look when I have more time but I've definitely bookmarked the site for future use.

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 09:04:00 AM »
Ooohhh Those Fabrics @Kenora  are just divine!!!!  :faints:

The rules for this TSP event ... The Project Linus Quiltalongathon are as always ..

Needles down 1st June, needles up June 30th ... Entries in by 4th July using the template at the start of thread ..

We will then have a friendly lil vote and the winner gets a choice of a TSP prize Winners Badge or a TSP Prize Winners sew on patch.

Festival of Quilts is (supposedly) running from Thursday 29th July to Sunday 1st and we usually get together for a Midday Mezzanine Meet Up ... going on from there to donate the quilts en masse to Project Linus.
I have in the past had peeps who couldnt attend send me their Quilts which I then took up to the NEC...

Im not sure whether I will be going up this year, Im as yet undecided ... but I know some of us will be ... and maybe they would accept a couple of quilts to take with them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 18:05:50 PM by Iminei »

Sheilago

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2021, 18:28:20 PM »
Yes, I’d definitely need someone to take mine. If no one can, I suppose I can just post it directly to Project Linus, but it would be  nice to add it to the bundle of quilts from TSP. If anyone is willing to take it, always assuming the FOQ actually happens, then please let me know. I’ll probably just post it shortly before, in case any Covid changes spoil the party.

Kitten

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 17:22:52 PM »
I'm planning on going to FoQ and would be willing to take a couple of quilts if needed.

Kenora

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 17:59:52 PM »
Well, yesterday I cut out my pieces from the fabric I already have. I used my Sissix so it didn't take long. This morning my new fabric arrived from Etsy. :) It had come all the way from Birmingham, but there's no sign of the fabric coming from my local quilt shop - just 5 miles away! :devil:

This afternoon I made a start on piecing the top. Now I'm at a standstill again - waiting for fabric to arrive. ><

Ploshkin

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »
I had started this for last year.  I completed the quilt top before I had to pack away for the builders and it has languished in a box ever since.  I didn't take any progress pics because the previous PL quilts have remained anonymous until after the poll but as progress pics have now been requested it can have an airing.  I don't know when I will get an opportunity to complete it but I will try and make it by the deadline.
I have 3 possibles for the backing, none of which are the original fabrics I got for this quilt waaaay before I actually started it.  That's how you get a stash!  :P
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 09:32:46 AM by Iminei »
Life's too short for ironing.

BrendaP

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2021, 09:11:53 AM »
For backing I like either of the butterfly fabrics - busy fabric to loose the backside of the quilting in.  The fabric on the left would, IMO, be best used for borders so that the colour changes go along the length of said border.  The one on the right would be good for that too.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Kenora

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2021, 11:06:10 AM »
Lovely top @Ploshkin . I always think it depends on what colour you're going to use to quilt with. I like to use the same colour in the top and the bobbin - it makes life much easier. :)

So, if you're going to quilt in white, I'd use the centre fabric. If you're going to quilt in a dark colour, I'd use the fabric on the right.

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
That's gorgeous - someone's going to be so delighted with it!  I love the fabric on the right so much that I can't even give consideration to the others!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2021, 12:27:21 PM »
Love it!!  :dance:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2021, 21:42:28 PM »
Soooooooo beautiful @Ploshie as always!!!  :loveit: