The Sewing Place

Bernina 475QE sewing machine

KayK

Bernina 475QE sewing machine
« on: May 26, 2021, 15:42:04 PM »
Hello folks - I have decided to sell (or having my arm twisted behind my back!) my Bernina 475QE which I bought last May.  I have bought a replacement machine with a much longer arm, which suits my needs for now and for the future  - however DH, who 'lent' me the money for the new purchase is cribbing a bit!

It comes with all the accessories as listed on the Bernina site, and I have included the straight stitch plate, which works brilliantly with the 1/4" piecing foot. This also has the walking foot with three soles - I note the some dealers don't include it in the sale any more.  I love the jumbo bobbin and its general quality.  I shall be sad to see it go, but finances must. 

It has been registered with the Bernina for the 7 year guarantee, the caveat being that it is serviced every three years.  The only thing I will remark on, is that it needs oiling a lot, but have noticed this comment on several sites that the big bobbin machines all need this.

I really do not want to post it, I have all it's original packaging, and am prepared to deliver within a 40 mile radius or so at fuel cost.

I would like £1050 or very near offer - it is pristine!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

KayK

Re: Bernina 475QE sewing machine
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 14:04:15 PM »
Sold it!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well