The Sewing Place

Block 4 - The SAPPHIRE Star

Bjay

Re: Block 4 - The SAPPHIRE Star
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2021, 15:47:44 PM »
Oh goodie - I have already sorted out emerald colours and probably have a good assortment to sort out the most suitable shades
Mind you still have sapphire to go!  :thinking:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Lilian

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 19:26:25 PM »
I'm glad the next block is emerald, I almost picked out greens for the Sapphire block.  I have looked again and think I might have what is needed, so will hopefully make a start tomorrow.  My sapphire block is going to be amethyst  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2021, 19:34:46 PM »
Now youve got the idea @Lilian  ... tho the next block, Block 5,  was always going to be Amethyst ...
Imagine my surprise when I finished it and realised it had turned into an Emerald!!! Seriously!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 19:43:55 PM »
 :laughing:

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2021, 17:26:16 PM »
I started the Sapphire block today, and noticed the tiny corner of fabric trapped at the point of the goose.  I couldn't think how that got there and there were two geese with the same.  Then I read the bit where @Iminei said it happens sometimes.  On the next block, I will be on the lookout for this.  I will have to find out why it happened.  I took the tweezer route to get it out  :thumbsup:

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2021, 21:11:18 PM »
If anyone can figure out WHY this happens on only a couple out of many I would be fascinated to know why!!!

Its not a real problem, Tweezers or a few unpicked stitches remedy it easily.

Glad its not just me, and its very easily missed as its so small!

fajita

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 21:22:58 PM »
Does it happen where you “ Pivoting at the end of the last of the Four pieces and sewing back along the other side of the line”

I didn’t do that tiny pivoting stitch line. I ended up the first line, snapped thread, then sewed the next line. I didn’t have any corners playing with me.

Iminei

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2021, 21:25:49 PM »
Ooohhh must try that ... stitching off onto a leader (or ender!!! hahahaha) and returning on the other side .. We will see!

Thanks @fajita ! xxx

Lilian

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
I think that might be the cause @fajita  on the next block I am going to just stop at the end and move across without cutting the thread  :). It will be cu when I cut between the stitch lines (still saving thread) :)

Lilian

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2021, 19:23:08 PM »
I did as I said in my previous post and had no stray 'goose eggs' in my flying geese.  It must be the pivoting that caused it  :)

I was going great guns with this block until I realised I didn't have enough fabric for the centre sq in a sq  :\  I went to hobbycraft today in search of suitable fabric for the centres, I didn't want to buy a load of fqs just for one fabric, I found something I liked and was going to ask for half a metre until i was told I could have a little as 10 cm! so I had just a 20cm piece, but then saw another I like and had another 20cm  :S  then I saw some fat quarters near the till and they jumped into my arms with the rest  :loveit:

So much for not wanting to buy more fabric  :|

Iminei

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2021, 19:53:43 PM »
hhahahahhahahaha

Bjay

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2021, 16:30:20 PM »
 :faints: Just cut out all the pieces - what a lot of different blues :rolleyes:

Bjay

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2021, 18:15:00 PM »
@Iminei  I found making those flying geese is  much easier, not quite finished them but pleased with progress  :D

Lilian

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2021, 19:41:44 PM »
I have done the first block, the others are all cut out and ready to sew  :)

Lilian

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2021, 16:21:16 PM »
My Amethyst (Sapphire) Star - all four are now done  :) they are not perfect but hopefully I will get better at it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]