The Sewing Place

Photo problems

Iminei

Photo problems
« on: June 03, 2021, 17:24:18 PM »
Just TSO at its best or me ????

Had problems getting the pics to show in the Today thread this morning and now, working on the next BOM ....

Anything I ought to be doing ?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Photo problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 18:39:23 PM »
Is it a problem adding attachments?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 18:41:53 PM »
That worked fine for me.  The picture of the Mei that you posted was a very large one, which might have caused problems.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 21:56:29 PM »
I'm not able to see a lot of photos today.  Also some avatars are just a black square.  They'll probably be ok tomorrow.
Life's too short for ironing.

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 22:28:03 PM »
I'm not seeing pictures on my Android tablet but they seem okay on my laptop......
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 05:49:44 AM »
Yes it was adding and also seeing existing pics, like the badges in the BOM intros ... but after waiting they appear ...

its almost as if whoever scurries around inside the bowels of TSP hauling out the pics for each post has hurt his leg and cant run quick enough to get them instantly on the screen but he gets there in the end (I think we should sack him ... would that be against employment law???)

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 08:55:55 AM »
I have a hunch that Tsohost have done something to prevent the errors and extreme slowness, and that is causing images to load slowly, and sometimes not at all.  The issue does seem to share itself out between members - I have it some days, but mostly not.

Lilian

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
I have not seen pictures on my iPad for a few days now but they show on my laptop  :\
Willing but not always able :)

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 16:33:22 PM »
I can’t see pictures it says download or view but when clicked it says server is lost and chucks me off the site ...I’m using an iPad.

Helen M

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 23:12:24 PM »
That's what happened on my Samsung tablet.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 10:54:05 AM »
@Acorn  @Mr Twingo  Can you get onto TSO about the picture problems... I uploaded a pic inserted attachment and  Bupkiss, Nothing ...

TSP is all about photos and this is ridiculous ... I'll be back tonight... sorry for being so absent recently.

realale

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 11:15:58 AM »
My photo viewing is very erratic. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't - today is a don't day. I have tried switching off and restarting the computer but that is a hassle to do everytime. I also still get the black rectangle for some of the avatars.
So many beers, so little time.

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »
Your attached picture (on the pets thread) is fine @Iminei - it's the later one which is a Google Pics image which isn't showing.  If I use the code from inside your post it gives me a big no entry sign, so the issue is with Google Pics, not TSP.

rubywishes

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 08:42:02 AM »
When I log on mine and everyones' avatar is black....has someone switched out the lights??? Is this some form of punishment because I've been awol of late? :'( :'( ....I'm sorry, really I am and I'll try to be more "present" in the future :laughing: get it....present - future  :laughing:; now can someone turn the lights back on or tell me how to do it?

OMG, the lights are back on!  :scream: It's blooming magic!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:45:46 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!