The Sewing Place

Are we having site problems again?

Surest1tch

Are we having site problems again?
« on: June 09, 2021, 15:20:13 PM »
It's running very slow again and when I click on some of the sections I keep getting "we cannot open the page because the connection was lost". It happened on
The Cafe,
Competitions,
Fun with fabric.
I'm having no problems opening the site, I tried a clean-up but it hasn't helped  :S.

Mr Twingo

Re: Are we having site problems again?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 15:37:02 PM »
All sections are working blindingly fast for me at the moment. I'll keep an eye on it, though… it could be one of those intermittent issues.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 16:52:26 PM »
I've had no problems at all - it's been very good.  I do get that error message when (all too frequently) there is a problem with our broadband, but presumably you haven't had it on other sites?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 17:03:09 PM »
Working ok here.

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 19:00:10 PM »
I've had no problems at all - it's been very good.  I do get that error message when (all too frequently) there is a problem with our broadband, but presumably you haven't had it on other sites?

No, no problems on other sites and I checked the broadband service when I read your reply, it said there were no problems in this area.

Sewbusy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 09:10:55 AM »
I've had issues for a week or so, photos and avatars not showing etc and on initial opening something 'strange' which then reverts to normal. Forgive my lack of it tech language!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 10:52:31 AM »
Ive also had problems with photos and avatars not showing but have assumed its our broadband which seems to have been a bit slow.
Life's too short for ironing.

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »
From the thread about the avatars and images:

I suspect that the webhosts have done something with the way images are being cached in order to stop all the errors and outages.  We/they are working on sorting things out properly and permanently but it is not straightforward.

If you clear your cache (maybe several times), and right click on images and view them (or however your browser does this), then refresh them (maybe several times), you can sometimes sort them out - but it's a hassle and won't always work.

You will almost certainly find that it is OK most of the time, and only wrong sometimes.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 13:54:17 PM »
I am having problems with the site today not sure if it’s just me anyone else got problems, it keeps failing to open or opens very slowly

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 14:12:06 PM »
Yes @Celia it's been like that for me since yesterday :(
@Mr Twingo   @Iminei  any help available???
It's driving me mad
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Greybird

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 14:12:41 PM »
Mine too.

Helen M

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 14:16:38 PM »
Yes it's been very slow for me since yesterday, not all the time though but it's been the same on laptop and Android tablet.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 14:26:02 PM »
Me too, yesterday and today and some avatars are blacked out.
Still learning

Flobear

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 14:32:39 PM »
Slow here intermittently though when it comes through I see avatars and photos.  Fine on other sites I'm visiting.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lachica

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 15:09:20 PM »
I posted but it disappeared - again. That's happening a lot lately. It's also v slow.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.