The Sewing Place

Butterick B6101 - yet another version

Bodgeitandscarper

Butterick B6101 - yet another version
« on: June 10, 2021, 17:12:26 PM »
Some fabric arrived yesterday, and it's all sewn up today  :)

It's slightly odd fabric, a polyester jersey with almost see-through fine lines in it.  Unfortunately, these lines ran across the fabric, not a good look for a fat lass.  As it stretches across and down, I decided to cut it sideways so the lines run vertically, which looks good, but that means it's more stretchy up and dwon, so I think it's made the hang a bit longer and narrower, but it's still ok.  And I just love the colour and design on the fabric.

A few changes to the pattern - I levelled the hem a bit at the sides, the pattern has it hanging quite low particularly on one side.  Also I don't do the little sticky-outy pocket, just the big one, which this time I've put a couple of tucks in the edge to stop it being so droopy.  And no little collar, just self binding. 
No, it's not been pressed, I think it would just melt...

I like it  0_0

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

Re: Butterick B6101 - yet another version
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 17:40:43 PM »
I like that.  It looks as though there's a leopard reaching across your front.  A blue leopard. :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 18:26:45 PM »
Love the print... that’s a great pattern.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 22:51:45 PM »
Nice top, looks cool and comfortable. Good decision to go with vertical lines!

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 12:57:52 PM »
Very nice top and hangs very nicely from the back. :thumbsup:

realale

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 13:48:41 PM »
I like that very much. It looks cool and summery. I think I prefer your version with the shorter long bit as well.  :thumbsup:
So many beers, so little time.