The Sewing Place

My first woven item

mudcat

Re: My first woven item
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 22:57:58 PM »
Yesterday I had a second weaving class called "the next steps" which went over different types of things you can do like Leno lace, clasped weft, two colors, intentional floats, etc. I have one more class in three weeks that is on clasped weft using multiple colors.

It's apparent from my work that my Leno lace doesn't look so good and I will have to work on evenness.  I didn't bother with completing the ends or washing this one since it's not usable for anything which is a pity since I like my color choices.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 07:42:52 AM »
That looks very complicated, well done.
Still learning

Ploshkin

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
The colours do fit well together.  It's good to have a class like that where you can have a go at things that you might otherwise have deemed too complicated.  You may not be ready to use them yet but you will know that you can.
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »
Looking good, it’s great to experiment it something I am not good at, I love trying new things but I want to end up with a project,
Love to see more weaving are you going to buy a loom and if so which one?

mudcat

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2021, 20:14:23 PM »
@Celia ... yes I'm going to buy a 25" Schacht loom.  They're made in the state of Colorado.  The shop only sells Schacht and Ashford ... the latter made in NZ.   I asked about the differences and they were minimal though the weaving teacher prefers Schacht and given the choice I prefer to buy things made in my own country. 

25" should give me enough width to weave yardage which is my primary goal.

edit: fixed spelling error ... why do I not see them?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:31:18 AM by mudcat »

Celia

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2021, 20:38:22 PM »
Brilliant @mudcat I have a Schacht 20 inch flip and it is great, much better than the Ashford that I have also used at least it is for me.