The Sewing Place

Sad news about C&H Fabrics

Sewcycle

Sad news about C&H Fabrics
« on: June 12, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »
Sorry to tell anyone who uses the C& H Fabrics Haberdashery departments, that some/all of these will be closing down. Generally C&H Fabrics is scattered around the South East. I know there are shops in Canterbury, Chichester, Tunbridge Wells and Brighton. This news is about the Canterbury C&H but I believe there will be more. It’s very sad and Canterbury will lose it’s only fabric shop. What a shame.
'Is there a life before breakfast'

So Chic

Re: Sad news about C&H Fabrics
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 12:31:49 PM »
That is very sad news as I have bought a lot of fabric from them in the past.  I believe there is another fabric shop on the outskirts of Canterbury but I can't remember the name or what the address is.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 14:17:38 PM »
We don't have them up here but it's really sad to hear of yet another bricks and mortar disappearing  :'(

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 16:02:48 PM »
Hopefully not all of them.  I sometimes use the Winchester and Chichester ones but not always impressed with them.  They can be expensive.  But I don’t like to see any fabric shops closing.