The Sewing Place

Indian Hand Block Print fabric

Lilian

Indian Hand Block Print fabric
« on: June 02, 2017, 00:44:22 AM »
Has anybody ever used this and I wonder how it washes and irons.  There are some large lengths for sale on 'thebay'. I like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-Yard-Hand-Block-Print-Handmade-Leaf-Indian-Fabric-Natural-Jaipuri-Throw-/282496180574
Willing but not always able :)

wrenkins

Re: Indian Hand Block Print fabric
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:49:19 AM »
That company's feedback score is very low.  -<
As for the quality of the fabric itself...who's to say until you get it home and feel it but you can see at least two layers of pattern through it.
I would say it's very VERY fine but if you're prepared to risk a few quid, go for it. When I'm unsure I always ask myself " are you prepared to lose the money?" Often the answer is yes if I really really love the look of it and the good news is that sometimes it's not half bad!
That's me...living it on the edge!!!! HaHa!  :D
My advice to others, however, is as follows. If you buy cheap, you get cheap. :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »
I'd be wary.  There aren't MANY negative comments, but they seem pretty significant, and consistent.
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=pinkcitytextiles&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

I'm not sure you'd want to ignore your customers' massages lol

The stuff is hand printed, which may account for some of the complaints about colour or design not matching expectation, but would also make me worry about it being completely colourfast.
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
Perhaps that's the added bonus.......fabric and massages  :D
I wouldn't take the chance personally
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 21:06:37 PM »
I'd be wary.  There aren't MANY negative comments, but they seem pretty significant, and consistent.
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=pinkcitytextiles&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

I'm not sure you'd want to ignore your customers' massages lol

The stuff is hand printed, which may account for some of the complaints about colour or design not matching expectation, but would also make me worry about it being completely colourfast.

Thanks DF,    I have done something I very rarely, if ever do, and that's to not look at the feedback.  I always check them out but I'm glad I questioned it here because I may well have just ordered some!   :)

:)

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 21:07:31 PM »
Perhaps that's the added bonus.......fabric and massages  :D
I wouldn't take the chance personally

Yes please!  :loveit:

Lachica

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 22:08:02 PM »
I bought some hand blocked cotton in Jaipur, in the factory shop. The dye is fast but the lines of elephants are marching somewhat wonkily, not quite with the grain. I made a top with it, it has a certain rustic charm! Be aware that Indian fabrics are usually less than a metre wide (probably a yard), and that they shrink a fair bit when washed. That said, it looks a lovely design so if you like it, go for it. Wash before cutting though!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.