The Sewing Place

Sew Direct has come up trumps

classical retro

Sew Direct has come up trumps
« on: June 17, 2021, 16:29:33 PM »
Long Story

I stopped using Sew Direct when they changed the platform and searching for patterns was nigh impossible. Jaycotts or local for me.

When someone posted the 50% off sale in April I went for Simplicity 9105 which I'd persuaded myself I didn't want but secretly hankered after, and Kay Unger Vogue Pattern. I am in between the two sizes for the Simplicity and unfortunately there was no overlap. I went for the smaller one so I would have less tissue to play with and it's easier to add onto. Besides, I would lose those extra pounds (won't I?) as summer approaches.

Two months later ... it's not going to happen. Beautiful weather I want to make the dress. On the off chance I emailed Sew Direct asking whether they would swap it for the larger size and that I would pay the postage.
Imagine my surprise when first I was able to swap patterns and secondly no mention of postage.

At size 16 I can go with a looser bodice fit and grade better the waist hip differences. Win win.  Should have done that in the first place.

Now, what to do about those extra pounds?

CR :angel:

Flobear

Re: Sew Direct has come up trumps
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 16:36:40 PM »
Rejoice in your *womanly voluptuousness, @classical retro

And well done Sew Direct  :thumbsup:

*other gender and non-gender designations are available  :)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 18:17:57 PM »
Good for them @classical retro Their ordering system is a bit chaotic though, I got three patterns all the same and recently after ordering some interfacing, it was very late and finally arrived by DPD, not very cost effective.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

classical retro

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 19:11:22 PM »
I’d love to Flobear but with a goodly number of handmade clothes in my wardrobe I’d love to wear again especially as they aren’t threadbare yet.

Daily walks are back on the menu.
CR :angel: