The Sewing Place

Pfaff Magnetic seam guide

Gernella

Pfaff Magnetic seam guide
« on: May 20, 2021, 15:12:48 PM »
I've had this for a bit but as I'd never needed it, it was still in the box.

Today with some cover stitching to do I thought I would use it.  First panic, in a rush to get the packet open, about 6" by 4" ish, I couldn't see it for the amount of cardboard.  I thought great, ordered it, never opened and the dam thing isn't in.  When it dropped out I was rather underwhelmed, less than an inch square.

Anyway I put it where I wanted it, but it was moving around.  So I ditched it and went back to what I was using before, three large plastic paper clips (promotional material while I was at work) stuck together and then stuck on the machine. 

Worked a treat.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

Re: Pfaff Magnetic seam guide
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 16:07:32 PM »
The magnetic guides for home use are not strong enough, if you can get hold of one for an industrial machine they are much more powerful and don't tend to move. If you can post pics I'd love to see your paper clip guide, you've got my imagination working overtime here

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 16:41:21 PM »
I use my magnetic one stuck down with blu tack!

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 13:59:56 PM »
Mine works extremely well on a vintage machine which has no measuring guides on the sewing bed.  The machine is all metal whuch probably helps.