Re: Awesome Accessories Competition - July and August 2021
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 21:36:42 PM »
What a great idea @WildAtlanticWay and very neatly made  :loveit:
Willing but not always able :)

charley

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 21:55:13 PM »
Thank you @WildAtlanticWay and @Lilian
I attended a felt making group that was run by our local council over the last 2 years, the course was free of charge, and used to take place on Thursday mornings during term time. I found out about the course through a friend.
I had not made felt before then, but I was instantly hooked. I just love it, and I am slowly learning and gaining skill.

The course was funded mostly by the EU, and partly by adult education, but funding has now ceased because of ......, and the course is no longer run, since early this year.
Now, I make use of books, online tutorials/blogs and learn that way.

Flobear

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 22:16:09 PM »
Lovely, @charley .  The photos appeared in your post so that's perfect!  It would be great if you could give a little bit of information in the style of the template on p.1. You can add it into your post with the pics then they can appear as one into the voting thread when it goes up.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

charley

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 23:35:44 PM »
 @Flobear I have edited my post with additional detail, let me know if that is enough, or too much.

Flobear

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 08:13:46 AM »
Just right Goldilocks @charley  :thumbsup:

Flobear

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »
Here is your nearly last call for Awesome Accessories.
If you made something and haven't got around to posting your creation, please do so by Tuesday 28th at the latest.  I will then have a couple of days to figure out how to do the voting thingy - probably phoning Imi in the dead of night because I've forgotten how it works - before hosting the vote on 1st October  ;)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 09:27:11 AM »
Ooh, just seen this - I have an entry, but it's just too darn fiddly to do on the phone.  Will post it when we're home on Monday.

Celia

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2021, 09:32:38 AM »
Me too but I have to grab it back to photograph as I have already given it to someone, will try over the weekend

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2021, 10:00:17 AM »
I thought  might as well enter King Kong and Godzilla as they meet the criteria of being carried  :laughing:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

So... after the arrival of Madge the Pfaff, GS1 was having a look around my sewing area in his bedroom and got very interested.  He was asking lots of questions about the process etc (he is like that, a bit of a geek lol ).  He then noticed the fur fabric and idly commented that it would make a wonderful King Kong.  Then noticed the blue and said that would make Godzilla.  I then, against my better judgement, told him I would have a go.  Both pieces were just laying around in my stash left over from making panto costumes but probably came from Immanuel's or donated by someone.
The process included sending him details of what I was doing, patterns made up etc.
The King Kong was adapted from a basic teddy bear, just changed the head shape a bit.  Then Godzilla was a T Rex, arms lengthened and spikes down the back.  Both were free online patterns.
When they were finished GS1 took a very good look, announced they were lovely, cuddled for five minutes then gave them to his little brother to take home  :D
Then told me he wanted a mechagodzilla, which I have yet to begin!
BB
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 19:21:49 PM by Flobear »
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Flobear

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2021, 10:06:21 AM »
Fab-u-lousss @Bumblebuncher .
Would you be a dear and look at a couple of the other posts so you can add in a little extra info. about your Awesome Monsters. Our 'readers' like to know a bit of background  :D

Iminei

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2021, 16:38:51 PM »
And a couple more pics please @Bumblebuncher , they look fab but I cant see them very well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 16:42:22 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  @Iminei  I still had them on my Whatsapp for sending to GS's  :D  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Unfortunately the pics weren't very clear and once the toys were given to the precious GS's they disappeared from my life altogether!
I do have a pic of patterns made too, as I sent them to GS1 if you want them
BB
messed up attaching but did it this time :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 18:10:41 PM by Flobear »
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Flobear

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2021, 16:31:48 PM »
I think the extra info. and pics are great @Bumblebuncher . Thank you very much  :thumbsup:

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2021, 17:43:43 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Wild Atlantic Way’s 2nd entry

My Swoon Patterns Bonnie Bag with a cross body strap.
It has additional pockets inside for my phone and a small short depth pocket for my car keys so they don’t get lost in the bottom of the bag. I used an old denim skirt and the print fabric is a velvet curtain off cut. The purple is a faux leather fabric. When I made the strap I decided to play with some multi coloured purple polyester thread. I did want to put some zig zag stitches on the strap for decoration, but I couldn’t get it to work. It kept missing stitches. I tried using my walking foot and a leather needle, but still no joy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:30:17 AM by Flobear »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 18:04:55 PM »
That’s lovely @WildAtlanticWay.  Personally I think the straight stitching on the handle works really well