The Sewing Place

Papercut patterns

dolcevita

Papercut patterns
« on: June 10, 2017, 21:12:40 PM »
Not sure whether this is the right section for this, but here it is.

A friend has just sent me a link to a pattern company that I'm not familiar with, Papercut Patterns.  They do paper and PDF download and are based in New Zealand.  Their designs are very fresh and modern and put me in mind of the Japanese sewalong that's going on here at the moment.

The brocade version of the Sapporo coat is particularly beautiful, I thought.

https://papercutpatterns.com/pages/about-us

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Papercut patterns
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 21:42:55 PM »
Wish someone would tell their model to put her hair down her back, not covering up the front of garments so you can't see them properly! 

Morgan

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 16:22:25 PM »
Lovely scoop design lines on the front of the Sapporo.

I've had to accept that a deep armhole/kimono with a relaxed/unstructured bodice silhouette just doesn't work for me.  I've realised that it's the proportion of width-height that doesn't work
Tried this Burda #6015 (adapted it slightly) and love the scoop style lines but it doesn't love me
and last month Butterick B6423 was made with a narrower collar, chasing that lovely scoop line detail again, and despite making a smaller size than indicated it was very roomy and had that American footballer shoulders look.
As for Kimono, a while ago I tried one of those 'cut a Kimono from a rectangle' set of instructions for a silk robe and it's impractical for me - sleeves trailingin everything and the drop back neck are not something I can live with.
In the end I adapted the front of my already amended Butterick 6254 pattern and that has dolman rather than kimono or batwing depth sleeves. 
Got my scoop lines in the end and love it.  Will take and add a pics.

Re Papercut Patterns, I like this pants/jeans design a lot especially with the front and back seam lines - ideal for fitting a 'difficult' shape.

Agree with you about the photography & model poses issue.  I'd far rather that on a real body photos showed neck down only without the head hair and sometimes silly poses.
At least the line drawings give a clear and more reliable idea of the designs don't they.

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 19:44:21 PM »
Wish someone would tell their model to put her hair down her back, not covering up the front of garments so you can't see them properly!

It appears that is remedied on their newest collection. No hair covering garments.