The Sewing Place

Amazon Warehouse - Worth Keeping an Eye On

TinkerTailor

Amazon Warehouse - Worth Keeping an Eye On
« on: June 23, 2021, 06:27:32 AM »
Amazon Warehouse is the section of Amazon that sells items that either have been returned or are slightly marked / damaged in some way.  Items sold are keenly priced to reflect this and in my experience all of the items I have received over the years have been in new condition with just damaged packaging.  It is worth keeping an eye on as there can be bargains to be had, particularly during their Amazon Prime Day / Black Friday sales where they usually offer a further 30% off the already reduced prices of most warehouse items.

Some recent examples, I recently picked up the following pairs of scissors from the UK Amazon Warehouse Prime Day sale;

- Kai 7250 10" Professional Shears - £16.58 (Scissors and Packaging in pristine condition)
- Gingher G10 10" Knife Edge Bent Trimmers - £10.07 (Scissors in pristine condition, box was a bit tatty)
- Prym 12" Classic Tailors Shears - £23.70 - (Scissors in pristine condition, plastic wallet had 1" split in side)

Good hunting!

Acorn

Re: Amazon Warehouse - Worth Keeping an Eye On
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 10:13:16 AM »
Yes!  Yesterday I bought a package of the quilt wadding that I always use for £7.61, normal Amazon price £17.04.  It was reduced to £10.87 as a warehouse product, and then down to £7.61 because it was Prime Day.

I could do with some new dressmaking scissors...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 10:56:08 AM »
I've been using them for years as well.  Never had any problems with stuff at all and really good discounts.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 11:45:36 AM »
Just me then that never finds what I want on Warehouse  :(

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 15:37:05 PM »
Just me then that never finds what I want on Warehouse  :(

Me too  :(

TinkerTailor

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 17:28:30 PM »
I could do with some new dressmaking scissors...

Might also be worth checking out Amazon US as a seller on the UK Amazon site if you want new scissors as they have Kai and Ginger for far less than what we pay in the UK usually with free delivery to the UK.  The price also includes UK VAT so there are no additional customs or import related charges to pay on top (one of the advantages of Brexit which has carried over to non-EU imports).  Delivery takes about 7 - 10 days ... I got some jeans sent over from Amazon US last week without issue.

I ordered via the UK website, searching for what I wanted and then filtering the seller = 'Amazon US'.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 18:53:34 PM »
Thanks for that tip - I have bought some things from Amazon US before, but I've never actively looked there.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.