The Sewing Place

[For Sale] Janome Circle sewing thingymy

Iminei

[For Sale] Janome Circle sewing thingymy
« on: February 27, 2017, 13:14:04 PM »
Janome, category D, Circlesewingthingymy.

enables you to stitch perfect circles using straight and decorative stitches and create beautiful designs such as this...

Bought last summer for RRP £49 (sssh don't tell Security, I smuggled it past him)

Used once, producing a perfectly stitched circle ... £30 incl P&P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 22:57:25 PM by Francesca »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Roger

Re: Janome Circle sewing thingymy
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »
Hi Iminei,

How's does this thing work? Is it only applicable to Janome machines or is it usuable on anything with a standard shank?

Thanks

Roger
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
Oh this looks so fun! I have a flower foot but this looks great. Indeed, does it work on another machines?

Janome Atelier 7 is still my dream machine anywhoo so maybe one day :D

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »
My elna has a pin that is inserted on the bed through the fabric and then circles of any stitch can be made. I haven't used it much but it would turn out the same.  :sew:
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 14:57:20 PM »
Hi all....

It has a metal bit that slots into the place where the bobbin cover usually lives!!
It really is a bit Heath Robinson, with a vicious spike that goes into the centre of your desired circle...having said that it does work.

So you would have to have a top loading bobbin of the same size and shape as The Splurge (aka Atelier5) which sounds easy but then Janome are the people who can make the slot for the additional spool holder different in each machine!!!  :angry:

Oh and Fran, the only difference between the 5 and the 7 (as far as I can make out) is that the 7 has a italic/cursive font!)
Is that really worth the extra £300 ????
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 15:00:25 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

NeilM

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 22:52:02 PM »
That looks Cool !

KayK

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 01:59:23 AM »
OOOO! They are great fun! I've got an ancient Singer one, with an equally nasty spike (but does  have a little cover for it) It screws into the machine bed.

I rather like the pic of the circles - has given me inspiration!  I used it mainly when i made some little skirts for my granddaughter,  I  have a circle cutter, so appliquéd some circles onto the skirts , and then embellished them with some hot fix crystals!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well