The Sewing Place

HI

Bumblebuncher

Re: HI
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 15:45:08 PM »
@Elnnina
Sounds like you are on your way to the treadle.  Mine was gifted to me by MIL best friend Flo  :D We just call it Flo's treadle and she was so pleased to give it to someone that would love it.  I believe her mum bought it new!  From memory it was from 1879, but that could be wrong, my memory not as good as yours lol
You have reminded me of the one handcrank I kept, the first I bought, which is a Kohl and very beautiful (apparently I didn't give away as many as I thought now I am thinking about it!).
My grandsons have been lifesavers to me during covid.  Lucky enough to live near them and be in a childcare bubble.  I didn't see my daughter other than official handover of children, but collected them from school once a week while she was at work  :loveit:
Strangely, I live near the Suffolk border lol, little town of Watton which is just north of Thetford.  It even has it's own little sewing/craft shop, so not complaining.
I may have, slightly, got carried away when DH was incapable of arguing with my decorating choice, my living room has a huge dragon painted on the wall  :laughing: and my kitchen I call my Unicorn kitchen as it is sparkly lilac. 
I'm not sure how long I will get away with the weird decorating choices, but he isn't arguing with any of it yet.
He has just bought some furniture and 'things' to complete my little sewing area, I believe he is hoping to get me out of the way for a while, his plan may just work
BB

As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Cazlyn

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 16:57:43 PM »
Hi @Bumblebuncher (what a lovely name!). It sounds like you’ve had an awful time over the last few years and I’m glad things are settling down enough for you to have some “me time” and get some sewing done.  Love the sound of the dragon lounge and unicorn kitchen - says the woman whose house is shades of white/cream
Crafting is my happy place

twopence

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 18:57:29 PM »
Hi @Bumblebuncher I remember you from the previous incarnation partly because of Attleborough as my in laws live there.  I hope that you are now passed all of your misfortunes and that things look up from now on.

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 19:08:44 PM »
Welcome from me @Bumblebuncher  :)

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 19:18:05 PM »
Thank you @twopence
Disasters not quite over for now, DD2 deciding to not only cancel her wedding due in September, but completely end the relationship!
At least she decided BEFORE the wedding  :o
On the plus side, we have two hotel rooms booked and I am going to spend the night out with my daughters for the first time in years to celebrate the 'not happening wedding!'
Beware if you are in Norwich that night lol
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Helen M

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 19:31:30 PM »
Hello and welcome @Bumblebuncher!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Silver Rose

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 06:39:27 AM »
Are you doing it in style at The Maids Head? I have promised myself a short break there sometime. I used to walk past it on my way to Anglican Fashion Fabrics before the pandemic. I really miss those days out on the train and wandering around Norwich.
Still learning

Stitches

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2021, 06:48:12 AM »
Welome from a damp Norfolk Broads

Puzzler

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2021, 07:08:02 AM »
Welcome, @Bumblebuncher.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
@Silver Rose
I'm not that posh lol My nieces and SIL had booked in there though  >:)
We had booked the travelodge for one reason only, it is next to the bus station and we can get the bus from virtually outside our house to the hotel and back home again so no need to find car parking!
Spent many hours in Anglia fashions, bought the fabric to recycle a 50's wedding dress for DD1 in there when she DID get married lol
BB

Greybird

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2021, 11:36:44 AM »
Hello and welcome @Bumblebuncher . Sorry to hear you've had so many rough times - hope they are over!

Silver Rose

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2021, 12:05:58 PM »
@Bumblebuncher  I love AFF and the staff are all so helpful and knowledgeable I can't wait to be fit enough to go.
Still learning

Catllar

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »
Welcome back @Bumblebuncher .Glad to hear you are getting back on track and I love the sound of your sparkly kitchen! Re the wedding- far better before than after. I did the same back in the day - 6 weeks before - all cancelled, wedding, man, house. Went away with girlfriends on proceeds of sale of engagement ring he didn't want back!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Celia

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2021, 10:14:58 AM »
Welcome I hope your jacket turns oh well for you.

You have made me look at my magnolia walls and hate them even more :laughing:  I have an enormous pot of magnolia paint and I would love to put it in the bin.   :devil:  Now I just might at least that would be a start.

Him in doors, who I lost earlier this year,  would only ever have magnolia, I rebelled a few years ago and painted my room white and even that didn’t go down well.  So now I am thinking  :thinking:   What colours can I have ……..

Ploshkin

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2021, 12:37:30 PM »
@Celia I won't have magnolia in the house.  All my rooms (and upstairs will be too) are painted in Dulux Natural Calico, which seems to go with anything, with one wall painted in a colour, which are all muted, dusky shades (definitely not pastels).  I like it so that's what matters.  I have not become tired of any of the colours I chose and am using the same shades as I repaint.
Life's too short for ironing.