The Sewing Place

Another easy nightshirt

Silver Rose

Another easy nightshirt
« on: July 01, 2021, 16:13:32 PM »
Cut out the cotton jersey with the cats on to make a nightshirt, an easy make using McCall's 6886 view B. Just a very long T-shirt really with long sleeves and very cosy for  the cooler nights.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 16:19:11 PM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

Re: Another easy nightshirt
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 17:07:48 PM »
That reminds me... I have camo patterned t shirt stuff I made DH some PJ bottoms with, maybe I can make the grandsons some to match  :grouphug: However, I want cat jersey, sounds marvellous  :D
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 17:22:32 PM »
@Bumblebuncher  there is a photo of it in Fun with Fabrics, I got it from Minerva.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 16:53:18 PM »
Made a start today, I cleaned my machine, changed the needle and threaded her up ready. I sewed the shoulder seams and the sleeves. I can sit and pin the neckline edge now and be ready to sew some more tomorrow.
  • bec likes this
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 06:18:17 AM »
Did a but more yesterday and found and favourite trousers pattern so the purple ponte with the corduroy style finish might come out of the box. So sleeves and hems next for the nightshirt.
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 08:42:23 AM »
@Silver Rose
I was going through my stash last week and couldn't work out why there is no purple in there as it is my favourite colour, then realised it is because I have used it all  :laughing:
Im thinking I may need to buy more fabric, there is room on the shelves and I have rediscovered the joy of sewing in the last few months.  Seems reason enough!
Can't wait to see your purple trousers and kitty nightshirt!
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »
@Silver Rose
Can't wait to see your purple trousers and kitty nightshirt!
Not worn together @Bumblebuncher  :D
I have quite a lot of pink/purple/mauve in my wardrobe.
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »

Celia

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 10:07:05 AM »
I am looking for good fabric to make a nightshirt, not too heavy, must be Stretchy,  probably cotton any one have any ideas?

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 10:45:05 AM »
Thus one is cotton jersey, it is light but warm to wear with a two way stretch, I got it from Minerva, the cut edges curl up a bit but it is nice to work with.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »
It is finished, I think I will keep it to wear in hospital when I have the other hip done which could be in a couple of months.
The purple jersey with corduroy finish is on the table waiting for a helping hand for pinning on pattern pieces and cutting out so all happening here.
Still learning