The Sewing Place

Maison Fauve

b15erk

Maison Fauve
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:41:15 AM »
This company has just come up on my FB feed, and it looks really interesting.

Although it is French, the tutorials are good, so easy enough to follow.

I need to give this a closer look, I'm sure some of these patterns have my name on them... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

Re: Maison Fauve
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 12:27:28 PM »
Thank you Jessie.  There are quite a few patterns that caught my eye  there which is more than can be said for the big 4.
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 15:15:53 PM »
I've downloaded the free hat pattern, and there's a free camisole I'm looking at.

Unfortunately, I have a list of about 10 that I really like...  and they aren't cheap!  :laughing: :laughing:

No birthdays due either!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lizzy777

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 19:51:58 PM »
This company has just come up on my FB feed, and it looks really interesting.

Although it is French, the tutorials are good, so easy enough to follow.

I need to give this a closer look, I'm sure some of these patterns have my name on them... ;)

Jessie

Yes I bought two of these patterns on Sunday and they arrived on Wednesday not had time to do anything with them yet.
The outer envelope is beautiful and the paper pn the outer envelope very tactile too. I was impressed. There is a booklet inside in french and English . The pattern is on paper similar to the type of paper used when you order a printout from a copy shop. I would look around on the net to find the best price for these patterns as well. I got two for £30 including postage.

I have them in front of me as we speak. I got The Atlas dress/blouse pattern and the Sunset Jacket one too.
I'm very impressed so far. And was going to post something on here tomorrow to see if anybody else had ordered a pattern.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 19:54:50 PM by Lizzy777 »

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 19:58:10 PM »
£15 for a pattern ?? :faints: I'd expect a fully finished garment for that price.....Perhaps that's why I'm only to be found in The Dark side  :faints:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lizzy777

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 20:09:36 PM »
£15 for a pattern ?? :faints: I'd expect a fully finished garment for that price.....Perhaps that's why I'm only to be found in The Dark side  :faints:

They're being sold for £18.99 for a paper one but think some of the patterns are pdf ones on the Maison Fauve site?
I dont do pdf's. I hate them.

£15 is not a lot for a pattern of this calibre. I don't know what fully finished garment you could buy for £15 tbh. But no doubt you will let me know  ;)

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 20:23:01 PM »
Personally, I like using pdf's - I just don't like putting them together!  :laughing:

I don't buy many patterns, and those I do are used more than once, some, like pyjamas, many times.  For me, it isn't about cost, it's about wearing what I like, and having it fit me.  I can also make the same garment again, if I gain or lose weight.

I've seen some patterns on this website that I really like, and as I spend virtually no money at all on rtw clothes, I have no problem at all spending money on something I enjoy.

I have a list of 7 patterns that I like, which is more in one sitting than I have chosen from the big 4.  I won't buy them all at once, but if there happens to be a sale, well, it's best to be prepared!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing how you find these patterns make up @Lizzy777 , so watching with interest!  :thumbsup:

Jessie

Lizzy777

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 21:03:46 PM »
Thanks @b15erk

I don't have any patience either for putting pdf's together and I hate it too.

I'm sure I have several fabrics I can use for the jacket so will make a start on a toile first for it. It says its an advance pattern but think I have done most of the techniques shown before so am happy with that. But looking forward to working it through with the video online too. I like the style of the jacket very much and have seen some examples of it made up too in different fabrics. I like that you can use a zip or buttons too.

I'll let you know how I get on with as I go through it definitely.   :)

I'll inspect the pattern more closely next week as have some urgent paperwork to get done which will take me a week. Am itching to start it though. The dress pattern will have to wait for a bit longer unfortunately. I bought it at the same time as it was sold out in many places and I didn't want to have to buy it later at a much more expensive price.

Looking forward to making it.

On another note, I do have another jacket pattern I want to make up but cannot find the  fabric anywhere online in the UK. Have seen it on  US site but I expect it will be far too expensive to buy it from there. It's a casual jacket pattern. I'll have to see which thread I can put it on?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 21:06:11 PM by Lizzy777 »