The Sewing Place

Vogue autumn/fall patterns 2021

Catllar

Re: Vogue autumn/fall patterns 2021
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 20:43:17 PM »
No, I don't think so!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 21:18:21 PM »
@Tamnymore despite the naysayers here you and I see a wonderfully cozy comfy dress for the colder days to come. Soft wide wale cotton corduroy is great to wear in cold weather. This dress with some leggings would be great around the house or puttering around close to home. Might need a scarf or cowl for draft purposes.

And frankly I love the occasional frayed hem. It is so rebellious on us older ladies.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

dolcevita

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 22:17:24 PM »
I'm rather taken by V1825, particularly the purple and red version. I'm not paying that price for it, mind you! I can feel an adaptation of an existing pattern coming on  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2021, 22:35:13 PM »
Yes I like the idea of not bothering to hem the dress @Renegade Sewist .RTW versions of that dress make it look much more attractive.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

annieeg

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 09:49:43 AM »
I really like the rachel Comey dress but I don't think it will work for someone full busted like me? 
I think it would suit a more draped fabric?

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2021, 17:58:42 PM »
I'm afraid I've never had to do a FBA @annieeg:laughing: But I agree that a more drapey fabric would be better. On instagram @carlosvoguepatterns has posted several versions of this dress - needless to say it looks much better in the other fabrics- particularly in denim (though not drapey I know). He's answered the question about the disappearing digital pattern button -looks like no digital patterns for now ( o it will be a question of waiting for a sale, paying humungous postage then waiting 3 weeks for the pattern to arrive).

annieeg

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2021, 18:08:36 PM »
Thanks @Tamnymore - I really appreciate your opinion.
I love that pattern and will Try and buy it.  I've got a piece of soft Denim from Immanuels that might fit the bill!

The Frenchie needle

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2021, 09:42:24 AM »
I like the V1817 too !

Tamnymore

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »
If you are planning to buy any patterns from the US website my advice is to wait for a sale. Patterns at  $24.50 are then reduced to $6.99 or $5.99 each and the pattern price affects the postage cost.  Sales are quite frequent. Takes about 3 weeks or so for patterns to arrive in the UK.