The Sewing Place

Vogue autumn/fall patterns 2021

Tamnymore

Vogue autumn/fall patterns 2021
« on: July 08, 2021, 19:47:44 PM »
Find them   here on the Something Delightful website.

Well what do we think? There's a Marcy Tilton jacket which I quite like but I have a bit of a backlog of Tilton patterns to make and this one isn't that different from the others. It is a bit what Manuela used to call 'overengineered'.

There's a coat by Julio Cesar. This made me chuckle as it has repurposed men's ties as appliques. As Kenneth Williams might have said : 'He's having a laugh.' Still, it would be a good way of using recently retired DH's old ties.
The Tom and Linda Platt dress with the wavy line down the front is nice. I really like the fit of Sandra Betzina patterns but this one just looks too fussy. There's a nice jacket and trousers pattern which I do like but it looks a bit too smart for me. So a couple of patterns worth buying perhaps.

And I see that the new patterns have digital versions - at last! Unfortunately all the links seemed to be broken. No doubt they'll get there eventually!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 19:54:39 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

mudcat

Re: Vogue autumn/fall patterns 2021
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 20:25:16 PM »
It's way too hot for me to even think about fall clothes but I like the Betzina sleeveless top/skirt (that makes it look like a dress).  I almost always like the coats by Julio Cesar.  But otherwise not much interests me at first glance.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 21:06:37 PM »
Nothing there that I would buy - well one jacket maybe but I have a couple of others that are similar.

The wavy front dress would only serve to emphasise how big my tummy is. :'( :S
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 21:35:13 PM »
Nothing there for me except V1819 the wavy front dress, just because it's different but it would challenge the accuracy of my seam sewing  0_0.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 09:34:15 AM »
I quite like V1817, although I did have to compare the line drawings to the top I'm currently wearing to see the difference.  The Tie coat is fun, but I'd never achieve a good enough finish with all those bits sewn on.

charlotte

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:43:53 AM »
Love the wavy dress, but I don't think it would suit me. Also a big fan of the pyjama/robe pattern, although it's not anything particularly novel.

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 10:08:18 AM »
I quite like V1817, although I did have to compare the line drawings to the top I'm currently wearing to see the difference.  The Tie coat is fun, but I'd never achieve a good enough finish with all those bits sewn on.

I like that one too @Bodgeitandscarper. There was a sewer on the Stitchers Guild forum called Margy Houtz who made clothes in this style. I loved her style and colour combos. http://fool4fabric.blogspot.com/. Scroll down a bit and you can see similar things.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 10:18:17 AM »
I've been fishing DH's old ties out of the charity shop pile on the off chance I feel like making a tie applique coat!  :laughing:

Starryfish

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »
Where in the world is a brown velveteen sack considered fashionable? Dh not impressed by the two kinds of tartan shirt.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 13:10:38 PM »
The two tartan shirt must be for those who have run out of the main fabric. I usually like garments with mixed tartans but this one doesn't seem to quite work.
You know those old brown velvet curtains you were going to take to the charity shop  @Starryfish ? Well now you can turn them into a designer dress. Actually I find Rachel Comey dresses often look really nice in the right fabric so I won't write off this one just yet.... I'll just leave my velvet curtains where they are for the meantime though.

Oh and I've emailed them about the broken link to the digital versions as I guess lots of other people have too.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 13:23:17 PM »
The model doesn't look two impressed with the two tartan shirt either.  If you scroll over it, it changes to a ladies pyjama jacket.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 16:44:19 PM »
Where in the world is a brown velveteen sack considered fashionable? Dh not impressed by the two kinds of tartan shirt.
It's even better than that @Starryfish . It's corduroy! With that fabulous frayed hem.  :laughing:

The dress itself is kinda cute in a weird relaxed way.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 17:21:16 PM »
I think that the Rachel Comey dress is the Ballston dress and has been described here as a 'designer potato sack'. It's growing on me, folks (the dress not the potatoes..  :laughing: )

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 19:18:56 PM »
I can't find any links to pdf versions - is it me, or have they solved the problem by removing them?  Or maybe the links were never meant to be there at all.   :(
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 19:31:02 PM »
Yes they appear to have now removed the links @Acorn . The links were broken before so let's hope they fix them.

On Instagram there was a comment on the broken links to Carlos their designer and he says he has informed the e-commerce team so let's see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 19:36:09 PM by Tamnymore »