The Sewing Place

HI

Celia

Re: HI
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2021, 13:35:37 PM »
I am definitely thinking  the kitchen will be white as I hate the tiles in there that are too magnolia looking, if the walls are white they might look different, off to look up calico

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2021, 16:56:34 PM »
@Celia DH used to be a paint technician, but was still confused at my ability to dismiss 'magnolia' type paint colours and pick out creams, which are totally acceptable! 
It has a grey tinge that  makes it look so dreary.  Living room is now bright yellow, bedroom duck egg blue and white.  Having rented for many years I refuse to accept a smidging of magnolia in my life again lol
i have used tile paint before, it works really well ;)
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2021, 16:59:19 PM »
@Ploshkin Sounds like me, I use white or creams with colour.  Mostly muted although yellow did creep in there when DH was in still in a coma, my life needed cheering up and it worked  :D
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ploshkin

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2021, 17:10:12 PM »
My new sewing room is going to have yellow I think.
Life's too short for ironing.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2021, 08:25:10 AM »
Hello @Bumblebuncher.

So sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope that your future is far less stressful and much happier.

I love love love the sound of your dragon wall and lilac sparkly kitchen. Just up my street! Any pics..?

I’m currently (finally)choosing a colour for the glass splash back to go along 3 walls in the kitchen. The cupboard doors are two shades of grey, light on top and darker on the bottom. (There wasn’t much choice in colour at the time as I’ve had them 4 years.) I painted the ancient pine farmhouse island unit that was left by the previous owner in a deep Cadbury purple and replaced the top with a white marble look stone so I’m thinking a fuschia pink for the splash back. I’ve given up trying to find the right tiles.
My sister was a little shocked when I told her and said ‘what about when you want to repaint the kitchen?’, but I’m in my 50’s, have a lilac purple pixie haircut that I do myself, so I’m unlikely to change to the safe neutrals that she loves, anytime soon. 
 ;)

Kenora

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2021, 21:17:50 PM »
A warm welcome from me @Bumblebuncher  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2021, 21:24:42 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay
I am 59, my hair is purple lol I don't fit with magnolia  :dance:
BB

BrendaP

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2021, 00:07:30 AM »
@Bumblebuncher and @WildAtlanticWay   I'm older than both of you (71) and I have lockdown pink hair - that's pale pink, not the bright fuschia and it washes out - can't be doing with anything that leaves roots to grow out. 

Mostly I've used waxy stuff like this which washed out very easily but made my pillowcases pink! but the latest one is this which will take a couple of washes to get rid of completely but doesn't colour everything else. 
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Silver Rose

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2021, 05:44:17 AM »
@BrendaP  I use the Colorista pinky lilac spray sometimes, it livens up my silvery grey hair and I'm 79  :D but I admit to having pale cream walls in my bungalow but with bright colour pops here and there.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 05:47:36 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »
@Silver Rose There is a HUGE difference  between cream and magnolia, never be ashamed of cream or white  :laughing:
@WildAtlanticWay trying to get a pic of dragon, he is just in shades of yellow so doesn't show up much, We wanted a subtle but there effect but I will try and upload one later today (few days off work yayyyy).
@BrendaP I have an anomaly in life :\ post menopause  my hair has gone lovely!  It wouldn't grow, was frizzy, and  never had any life in it.  During my worst thyroid years, when I was on drugs for it, my hair got worse, would break off and even frizzier.  It has now got thicker, longer, hardly any grey and has lovely curls in it  :D Not sure what happened there, but I am not complaining! I use a permanent purple dye once every three to four months and then a semi permanent, non chemical every week to add a bit of ooomph  :D For the first time in my life I  <3 love my hair!  I also managed to lose 4 stone in the last 18 months, mainly due to the thyroid levelling out!
When I first started work with my hair in pigtails, I admit to getting a few weird looks.  But now I am just accepted as the weird cat lady (i have three), who paints mythical creatures on walls (I drew a huge unicorn on the wall at work and the residents love it), and refuses to act her age lol
Living my best life after all the traumas  :grouphug:
BB

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:30:31 AM by Bumblebuncher »

The Frenchie needle

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 09:40:58 AM »
Welcome  :thumbsup: