The Sewing Place

Thinking of new Bernina machine!

Bumblebuncher

Re: Thinking of new Bernina machine!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 11:50:32 AM »
@Celia As you rightly pointed out Bernina and other machines are different not better  ;)
I sat down with Nina last week and wrote a list of all things I didn't like about her.
Two main issues were the harp space and Nina's walking foot that keeps falling apart each time I reach too much thickness! I was also not keen on the buttonholes, and why I did bound buttonholes on my 'not wedding' jacket
I then began to think that what I needed was something to use in conjunction with the Bernina. if DD wants to sew she can use either too lol
I also used my old pfaff 30 and hubby got all emotional because it was his mum's lol
So I looked at Pfaff  :D  Loved the idea of IDT, and there is the extra harp space! Button holes were better than Nina and more choices. I was going to go for the Ambition 630, but decided I liked the colour of the 620 more and wasn't bothered with either the touch screen or extra stitches  :D
So....
Pfaff Ambition 620 winging her way to me as I type  :dance:
So excited  :D
Thanks for the advice, is proved very useful  :thumbsup:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 16:28:00 PM »
Enjoy your new machine, I wonder whose will arrive first.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2021, 16:56:45 PM »
Ooh, have fun with your new machine  0_0

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 17:06:17 PM »
@Silver Rose I was told it would be delivered tomorrow  :scream:
Back at work Friday so keeping my fingers crossed because I want to plaaaaayyyyy
Thank you @Bodgeitandscarper not been this excited since...errr about 15 years ago when I got the Nina  :dance:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Gernella

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2021, 17:07:40 PM »

Pfaff Ambition 620 winging her way to me as I type  :dance:

I'm dancing with you @Bumblebuncher  :dance: :dance: Much as I love my little Passport for the long hot summer, I do really wish I'd gone up a notch and got the 610 just for the harp space.  Going back upstairs to his big brother is sheer joy.

I am sure you will be very happy.  A clunky walking foot is what sealed the fate of the Activa 215.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 18:03:04 PM »
@Gernella It wasn't even just clunky, the whole thing fell apart on numerous occasions  ><
When I think about it, I love the Nina and she did me well over all the years, but there are just niggles that could be so easily fixed by the company :\
I just couldn't see the point of getting another if the same niggles are still there!
I think I will have to call her 'Madge' after DH's mum, he was so happy I decided on it because of his childhood memories watching her sew on her Pfaff.  I think he also has a fondness for the Pfaff labelling as it is etched in his mind from being a boy  :D he was literally pushing me to buy it this morning :o  I don't think he would have done that with another make lol
BB
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:57:35 AM by Bumblebuncher »

Celia

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 20:37:04 PM »
Lovely to hear you have a new friend on its way to you, can’t wait to hear how you get on.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 09:44:26 AM »
Apparently Scott is just an hour away from me (loving the DPD app today lol)
I'm not sitting staring at the door, honest I'm not...
Yes I am  :laughing:
BB

Silver Rose

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »
Love those tracking devices, watching the Amazon van's dot on the map moving closer to my address.
Enjoy playing today.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
Pictures please @Bumblebuncher let's all have a lust.  From memory, sewmanju has this machine and did a very good review on her blog.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 10:37:01 AM »
Look forward to sharing your joy @Bumblebuncher !  Nothing like a bit of SM envy to start the day!  :laughing:

I have had my Pfaff 1475 for donkeys years, but just can't get the same feel for the Bernina... - just sayin'

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »
Madge is here!
Had a little sew  :D
She is purrrrring! In love already lol
Downstairs for an early lunch and read of the booklet then I will be going up for a longer session!
Had a hiccup to start, needle bent in transit, but a quick change and it is all systems go.
Thank you all for your comments and advice, all I need to do now is get used to her :loveit:
BB

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2021, 11:51:44 AM »
Ooh lovely @Bumblebuncher.  Enjoy!  I love it when someone gets their new machine out straight away. 

b15erk

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:53 AM »
Now I really do have SM envy! She's a lovely colour @Bumblebuncher !

I'll go and stroke my new chair as a consolation... ;) :rolleyes:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2021, 12:09:16 PM »
@Ohsewsimple  You mean people don't get them out straight away  :scream:
I had hardly got it through the door and I was tearing the tape off!
@b15erk she is a pretty colour isn't she  :D Silly Pfaff, it's what made me choose her over the more expensive model  :laughing:
BB